PDA

View Full Version : The Passing of a Best Friend

TaylerW
10-15-2007, 02:15 PM
after 15 years our puppy left us today. she lived a good life, not sure if i will ever be able to get another dog.

http://a629.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/77/l_1120a3d5034c3952087f4946db7315ec.jpg

Scott V
10-15-2007, 03:04 PM
My feelins go out to you, since my wife and I have no children, nor wil we, our kats are our kids and I dread the day one leaves us.

They may leave us in body but they will always be in our hearts.

Amador
10-15-2007, 03:56 PM
:cry: So sorry to hear of your loss. It's amazing how much our pets add to our lives. We had to put one down about 5 months ago, and while it was extremely tough, I always smile and laugh when I think of all of the funny habits that she had. You will find comfort in this too.

TaylerW
10-15-2007, 04:21 PM
definately. she wasnt dog friendly, but she and our cat would sleep curled up into eachother, and she would try to herd anything that moved.

Adam Grace
10-15-2007, 06:04 PM
Dude, I feel for you. Losing a beloved pet is a uniquely painful experience!

gryhackl
10-15-2007, 06:43 PM
My deepest sympathy goes out to you. She'll always be with you.

sculpin
10-15-2007, 07:09 PM
I'm sorry to hear you lost your buddy. They become such a part of our lives it hurts when they are gone. I always like to have a dog around, that way at least someone is happy when I come home. :D

Mark

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-15-2007, 07:58 PM
I wonder why dogs don't live longer? It really hurts to loose them.

We had two black dogs that were very sweet. They had good lives too.

We think we will get another little doggie when we retire.

Darian
10-15-2007, 08:04 PM
I'm sure you'll be able to get another dog.... Celebrate the time yours was with you.

Pet's really do enrich our lives and don't ask much in return. I'm with Mark.... It's nice to come home and feel appreciated. :D :D :D

David Lee
10-15-2007, 08:31 PM
Celebrate the time yours was with you.

Great advise there .

While you have every right to be sad (I would be ....) , do not let sorrow mask what you had - Pup will always be with you ...... nothing can change the time you had together .

Consider yourself lucky . Mourn as long as it takes , then , love again .

David

Alastair
10-15-2007, 08:50 PM
I empathize with you, I have said goodbye to more than I care to think about. Losing a pet is a rough thing to go through. Think of the positive things and take care.

jbird
10-15-2007, 08:51 PM
David

What is your hourly rate? :D Your advise is beautiful!

Sorry for your loss little striper :cry: It is so tough to watch a great old dog lose its luster. I went through that a few years ago too. A 100# Malamute that lived his whole life with us, Even tho weve got other dogs now, I find myself stopping and staring at the picture of ole Baloo that still hangs on the fridge. Dogs are amazing...we need 'em!

Jay

TaylerW
10-15-2007, 08:57 PM
what i noticed as i have read through all of this great consolation is one thing, people care, and that is one of the greatest things one can ever ask for. i thank you all for your kind words.

Michael Baker
10-16-2007, 07:48 AM
Little Striper, sorry for your loss. Dogs add so much to our lives. We lost a very special Springer Spaniel 11 years ago and we decided that the pain was too intense to get another dog right away. Three days later my wife was headed to Carson City with her Parents to pick up a new Springer to add to our family. Molly helped to fill the void for her. Don't say never my friend.

Mike

dtp916
10-16-2007, 05:52 PM
Hang in there :)

I'm dreading the day my dog leaves, it's really sad they don't live longer than they do.

They really are man's best friend, I've never experienced anything like the bond between him and his dog.

Good luck!

slim
10-17-2007, 08:40 AM
Good looking Corgi. Sorry to hear of your loss.
slim