PDA

View Full Version : Web community on Bill's site.........

k.hanley
10-15-2007, 12:25 PM
Say hey Bill, Gregg, Aaron, and website crew...

Looking at the stats for our B-board community it looks like we have 1212 registered users (at least as of this post).

I was wondering how many actually participate by posting? Any stats on that?
Cheers, Ken

Darian
10-15-2007, 04:35 PM
Hey Ken,.... I just looked up the number of those registered who never posted, using the member search engine. The number is 354 as of this date. That's around 29%. Of course, in the 354 is a number of spammers (....Unless gregg has done a sweep recently :) :) ).

k.hanley
10-15-2007, 07:37 PM
Say Hey Darian,
That's a higher number of posters than I would have guessed. Pretty darn good!

I wonder how many have posted more than twice?
Cheers, Ken

Darian
10-15-2007, 07:58 PM
OK,.... There're 999 members who have made up to 2 posts. That leaves 213 members who have 3 or more posts on this BB. 8) 8) 8) I've made so many, I decided to slow down and get my life back. :lol: :lol: :lol:

David Lee
10-15-2007, 08:03 PM
..... And then there's the 6 of us who talk like we're gettin' payed for it !

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ahhhhh , well . Keeps me off the street -

David :evil:

Gregg Machel
10-15-2007, 11:50 PM
Ken,
You can click on the link just under the main banner on top that says "Memberlist" and get all these stats.

Or just click here: http://kiene.com/messageboard/memberlist.php
Select Sort Method: Total Posts
Order: Descending

I have cleared out most of the spammers, but a few might still be on the books here. Now I stop them dead in their tracks. It takes a little more hands on, but it's worth it. Sometimes new members don't get activated for a day or so though because I am backlogged, but it's better than reading ads for "various products" all the time in the forums here.

Darian
10-16-2007, 06:47 AM
Gregg!!! Gregg!!!! Gregg!!!! You da man \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

k.hanley
10-16-2007, 07:42 AM
Thanks guys. I didn't realize I could find that data with the memberlist (heck I didn't even know where the memberlist button was!).

This is an impressive board community. No doubt there are more folks "looking" rather than "posting" (seems to be the norm for these things).........but after checking out the stats with the memberlist, this group has a higher number of posters than I first expected. Very active community. Glad to be a part of it.

A little snooping around and here's a few stats that caught my eye:
186 members have posted 20 times or more
301 members have posted 10 times or more
541 members have posted 3 times or more

Interesting stuff to track.
Cheers, Ken
PS: Gregg your hard work is much appreciated.

Gregg Machel
10-16-2007, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the kind words! :) I will have to admit that I haven't been fishing much this year and my interests have been elsewhere, but I still enjoy hanging out here and taking care of the "technical stuff" in the background. Not too many communities are as good as a fly fishing community.

I will be back though, can't stay out of the water for as long as I have been lately!