PDA

View Full Version : Middle Klamath weekend

nrthcsteel
10-14-2007, 04:49 PM
Hey all. Spent the past weekend on the middle Klamath around Orleans. Friday evening landed three nice halfpounders. Saturday morning and afternoon 2hps. But saturday evening my luck changed, depending on your definition of luck. I hooked two nice adults and both put on quite the airshow. I think they spent more time out of the water than in it. Needless to say both ended up LDR'ed! Landed a couple of nice halfpounders also. Then on the very last swing I had swung through did my hangdown trip, decided to call it a day, reached down to start reeling in and my rod tip bent to the water, I looked up just in time to see a nice silver flash disapearing in a ring, but no hook up. I couldnt help but laugh. Lesson-- never quit paying attention for even a second cause you never know! Well the steelhead came out on top this trip but some great grabs and some crazy jumps plus a handful of nice halfpounders is a pretty good trip in my book, WAY better than a big SKUNKER! Heres a pic of one of the halfpounders. Great little fish and put up a heck of a fight. The weather was perfect. Pretty much overcast the whole time with saturday afternoon being sunny and not a breath of wind the whole time. Water was looking good still a bit warm but not bad. The Trinity looked good and were alot of people fishing the hoopa and willow creek areas. Crowds on the Klamath werent to bad, most people seemed to be going after Salmon. Its a great time of the year to fish either of these rivers. Take care Kevin

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc120/keving71/hlpounder.jpg

Bottom of a nice run
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc120/keving71/bottomoftherun.jpg

Had a little company on one run
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc120/keving71/baldeagle.jpg

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-14-2007, 05:18 PM
Thanks Kevin

October is my favorite month on the Klamath River in that Orleans to Happy Camp area.

Adam Grace
10-14-2007, 07:06 PM
That area of the state is beautiful, thanks for the pictures.

Rick J
10-14-2007, 07:35 PM
Sometimes those fish that get away are the ones you remember longest!!!

Nice report and great photos

Pimpinmeat
10-15-2007, 07:20 PM
Every time I see pics and read a cool report, the juices start flowing. I'm heading up there this week for 4 days. Not quite sure about where we plan on fishing but we plan on doing a couple drifts a day if we can. Hopefully I have a good report as well.

robdog
10-16-2007, 02:11 PM
Every time I see pics and read a cool report, the juices start flowing.

Bro, you will just need to move up here in Nor Cal. 916 baby ;)

Finsane
10-16-2007, 05:48 PM
Pimp will never leave LA-LA land :roll:

Pimpinmeat
10-17-2007, 01:38 PM
I was looking into it but just look a new job so not going to happen anytime soon. I will however, according the guys I will be working for, have a lot more time to fish so there was a trade off.

Finsane
10-28-2007, 08:23 PM
Not quite time yet for the happy camp area. Between 3 of us we landed 3 fish to 18-19 inches and a few smaller. all anglers we spoke to reported the same. Oh well, there is always next week. I did run across a bear across the river from Chambers Flat. That was a first.