PDA

View Full Version : Item of interest.......

Charlie S
10-12-2007, 02:11 PM
For those of you who travel the Hwy 5 corridor to and from Northern California and stop in Williams to eat, Granzella's burned down yesterday. It will be rebuilt as soon as possible. No one hurt, thankfully.
http://www.news10.net/display_story.aspx?storyid=33844

Katz
10-12-2007, 03:06 PM
I love that place and am glad they will rebuild.... Gonna be really hard to replace the 13 foot tall Polar Bear and many of the other great decorations. :cry:

Katz

Mike McKenzie
10-12-2007, 07:56 PM
Gonna be really hard to replace the 13 foot tall Polar Bear and many of the other great decorations. :cry: Katz

Most all of the "critters" in the place were "saved"..the Bar didn't burn..

Mike

sculpin
10-12-2007, 08:35 PM
It was an interesting place to stop and grab a bite. I'm glad they saved the critters and are rebuilding.

Mark

Charlie S
10-13-2007, 02:23 AM
Most all of the "critters" in the place were "saved"..the Bar didn't burn..

Mike[/quote]

Mike: Where did you get your information? Denise McCarty, one of the owner's daughters said they didn't have time to save anything and the newspaper report quoted the local fire chief with saying it was a complete loss.

Mike McKenzie
10-13-2007, 05:52 PM
According to KCRA News...They saved most of the Trophy stuff including the Polar Bear Check it out on the video here..

http://www.kcra.com/news/14322088/detail.html

Look toward the end of this video
FIRE AT GRANZELLA'S
Video: Mike TeSelle Reports

Thank You hard workin' Firemen!!

Mike

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-15-2007, 09:35 AM
We stopped for years at the "Auction Yard Café" for their home made pies when ever we drove up or down I-5.

For years there wasn't much around that area then in the past 10 years it has really built up.

For the past 20 years we stopped at Granzella's too. They have really expanded and remodeled that place. Hope all is well for them. Hope they had good insurance. It is a real landmark on I-5.

We like Louie Cairo's for good Italian food in Williams too.

Rick J
10-15-2007, 09:54 AM
our local paper in Lake County also said most of the bar did not get burned and most everything in that section was saved

Gregg
10-19-2007, 01:35 PM
It's such a bummer for Granzellas! Most of my family lives in Mendocino/Fort Bragg and that place has been a regular stop on our way to the coast for as long as I can remember. Hopefully they can rebuild that olive bar!