PDA

View Full Version : Fall...fall....what fall?

OregonSalmon
10-09-2007, 08:48 PM
Here in the Great Northwest we wait all year for the months of September and October; the salmon sqeeze into the tidewater, the critters are out 'fer some lead poisoning, the chantrelles nose up, the crabs are full and the clamming is still tolerable. This year, not so good. We had 47 hours of official fall. In my day, I had erections that lastested longer than this years fall!!! This dog ain't gettin' no bone thrown his way this year.

The salmon have plenty of water in the coastal streams to just swim by. From my spotting perch at my favorite tavern, I swear two swam by and flipped me off. Maybe they "finned" me off but you get the point. Rain is falling like runners in the Chigaco Marathon so I have little hope for them to stop before the Fornication Superhiway. Just wanted to save a few from sinning out of wedlock but the scaly heathens have once again avoided Rev. Galen's "Sermon For The Snout".

I'll meet them in hell then!!!

Darian
10-09-2007, 09:44 PM
Hey Galen,.... Kinda sounds like the rains have started up there. Maybe you should consider a winter home in some warm place..... Like Baja :?: :?: :?: You know, like wastin' away again in margueritaville. :lol: :lol: :lol: No Salmon or Steelhead but lotsa clams, etc. 8) 8) 8)

OregonSalmon
10-10-2007, 09:48 AM
Baja???...You want this Patriot to flee south of the border when times get tough weather and political wise??? Shame on you Darian for even floating the thought!!! The Founding Fathers, a bunch of beer swilling fisherman (why does that sound familiar), would flog you for such a comment. Even though flaggelation is legal these days, I wouldn't do that to you....you might like it too much!!! I'm a sick puppy.

We have a three day hole in the clouds so those salmon might not be out of the woods yet. Damn if my finger is swollen from an arthritic condition so I don't know if I can fly cast but water clarity (the key) is great. Might just have to cut off the offending digit.

Darian
10-10-2007, 12:29 PM
Hey Galen,.... Even Ben Franklin, famous patriot, beer swiller and known womanizer, went to France for a vacation (....and, ummmm, some other stuff :lol: :lol: )