PDA

View Full Version : Overnighter on the Delta head count -Oct, 2007

Scott V
10-08-2007, 09:42 AM
Who is going?
Are you camping, if so how, a tent, rv, what?
When are you arriving?
How do you plan to fish, boat, pontoon, float tube, pram, from shore?
Any one interested in a pot luck Saturday night?

Myself and my wife "Kathy" will be arriving Friday evening and will be in an rv, I will have little bass lights hanging from my awning and a lighted palm tree at the side door. I will fishing from my inflatable pontoon. I am totally up for a pot luck. If people need to heat stuff I have a microwave and an oven.

So if anyone is around Friday evening come on by.

Hairstacker
10-08-2007, 10:37 AM
At this point, I'm hoping to make it out there Saturday morning with my inflatable kayak. :D I won't be camping, as much fun as that would be, due to other commitments. I will be driving a tan Honda Civic with a little bass (not a real one :lol: ) hanging from the rear-view mirror.

I would highly encourage everyone to find some type of means to get on the water, whether it's a boat, kayak, pontoon boat, float tube, etc. That location is not amenable to fly fishing from shore, as it's quite developed and, as far as I know, it's all private property. If you need a water ride and don't have one, it would be a good idea to post your situation on this board, as there's a chance someone will have an extra seat.

Dave4622
10-08-2007, 03:12 PM
I will be in by Friday morning/afternoon. Driving a black Ranger truck with a boat attached to the back. Tent camping. See you there. Dave

Mike Churchill
10-08-2007, 09:36 PM
I will be arriving Saturday morning and probably just sleeping in my car overnight so I don't have to deal with breaking down a tent before fishing Sunday morning. I will definitely join a pot luck, although I believe that David Lee had offered to host a BBQ--but I've seen no details.

I will be tubing Saturday, so let me know how early you want to hit the water and I will meet you before then.

Mike

David Lee
10-09-2007, 04:42 PM
Sorry to say it , but I'm out (fate is screwing me at the moment ....) .

I hope you guys have a fun trip , and take mucho pictures to post .

David :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

Mike Churchill
10-09-2007, 08:23 PM
With regard to Saturday night: I haven't made a reservation yet. Have a group managed to reserve spots together or are you scattered around the campground?

If nearby, where? And can anyone tell me what you had to do to reserve particular spots?

Also, if anyone will have a grill going on Saturday afternoon or evening, I will bring some fresh wild pig. (Successful hunt a couple of weeks ago = lots of meat in the freezer.) Just had some ribs on Sunday and they were great. :D

Jay Murakoshi
10-09-2007, 08:49 PM
The weather looks like its changing to the worst. If you're still planning on making the weekend, bring rain gear. The wind we can't do anything about that.
It definitly was windy today at O'Neill

Jay

Scott V
10-10-2007, 06:34 AM
The weather looks like its changing to the worst. If you're still planning on making the weekend, bring rain gear. The wind we can't do anything about that.
It definitly was windy today at O'Neill

Jay

All the weather reports I have read and watched are calling for a small amount of rain on Friday and nothing but clouds on Saturday and Sunday, so hopefully Jay you will be wrong. Either way I will hve my rain gear, I love fishing in the rain.

Scott V
10-10-2007, 02:21 PM
Also, if anyone will have a grill going on Saturday afternoon or evening, I will bring some fresh wild pig. (Successful hunt a couple of weeks ago = lots of meat in the freezer.) Just had some ribs on Sunday and they were great. :D

Wild pig, yes, please bring, I love pig and have never had wild boar. I might be willing to share crab legs with you.

Jordan
10-11-2007, 09:45 AM
I'll be there Friday and Sat nights. Arriving about noon on Friday. Pot luck either night or both sounds good. Wild pig sounds great. I'm thinking Zin to go with that?

Anybody fishing on Sunday? Any open boat seats on Sunday?

Thanks,

Jordan

Scott V
10-11-2007, 10:05 AM
I will be fishing on Sunday for sure, just not sure for how long, probably til atleast noon. And if anyone wants to they can put a tent next to my rv, I believe it is only an additional $6 charge. The way it looks so far there will be maybe 3 of us camping. I should be leaving El Dordado Hills around 5 so hopefully I will be there by 7. Just look for a Fleetwood Storm RV with a lighted palm tree next to it.

Mike Churchill
10-11-2007, 10:59 AM
OK, I'll bring a pack or two of country-style ribs and/or a loin. If anyone brings a grill, we'll do 'em on that. If not, we'll throw them in Scott's oven.

You got a pan, Scott? :evil: I'll bring the meat over after we run out of fishing light. If anyone wants to coordinate on Saturday, my cell is 916-833-7071.

I haven't been to Lundborg before and I've been holding off making a camping reservation in hopes of getting a response to my earlier post regarding locations. I guess I'll just take my chances.

I'm planning on arriving early Saturday morning to meet Robin and Paul on the dock at 7:00 a.m.

Mike

Mrs.Finsallaround
10-11-2007, 11:10 AM
Yeah.... We think we're coming up late Friday night. Paul wants to know if we are BBQing as a group Saturday night, or :?:

OH! And, we're fishin' both days.... :D

Mike's got our Saturday spot, Sunday is still open...

Jordan
10-11-2007, 01:02 PM
If you still have a Sunday spot I'll take you up on the offer.

I'll be around Friday and Sat but just in case, my cell number is 707-322-1813. We can connect Sat.

Thanks,

Jordan

Scott V
10-11-2007, 01:07 PM
You got a pan, Scott?

I have a pan so we can cook it on the stove or in the oven, I will look and see if I have a b-b-q.

If everyone wants to b-b-q together lets defineltly do that, I have not been to Lumborg before but, so when we get there Friday evening I will look around to see if there is a group area we can use, if not everyone is more than welcome to come over to the rv. I will have 2 tables and a few chairs, if you have a chair bring one just incase.

My cel is 916-813-1308