PDA

View Full Version : Conflicts of Interest

aaron
10-07-2007, 02:46 PM
Well guys/gals here's a quick issue I would like to address. If someone is looking for or considering a product that Bill carries lets try not to publicly direct people to 3rd party sources or box stores that are undercutting small businesses. Do it via pm, but by doing it on the board it really seems like a slap in the face to Bill. Posting something on the classifieds is one thing but please use discretion/privacy in the above situation. Again if you are not sure whether or not to post something a simple pm is all it takes to clear things up.
thanks for your participation!
-aaron

aaron
10-07-2007, 03:34 PM
Thanks Carl. It's not so much people's personal classified ads but questionable offsite links.
thanks
-a

mr. 3 wt.
10-07-2007, 05:34 PM
I thought that as well when I read a post ealier. Good advice. Think about it, Kiene's closes, board goes away. :cry:

David Lee
10-07-2007, 05:40 PM
Bill has always been OK w/ ordering things for me which the shop doesn't carry , so don't be shy about asking if there's something you need .

David :)

sacfly
10-07-2007, 07:05 PM
I thought that as well when I read a post ealier. Good advice. Think about it, Kiene's closes, board goes away. :cry:

Well since you are talking about me, I will chime in. Various times as a lurker I have seen people post a list of fly lines, some used, some unused. The link I gave was a bbs just like this, fly anglers online, not affiliated with any business. The post was presumably (just like posts in the classifieds here are presumably) by a private party.

This was not a post to a product sold by a store just a classified by a private party on another board. If you feel classifieds by private party's are "a slap to Bill's face" why have a classified section?

Ps: what if the person who posted the ad on the other bbs finds out about this bbs and posts the same ad? It is just like countless other ads that have been placed, with people selling new and unused equipment.

aaron
10-07-2007, 07:08 PM
Sacfly,
He asked which line company people preferred not where to get lines cheap. Not to mention the link advertised specific product not yet released to shops or public so obviously someone is abusing the industries demo programs. Sorry but I'm playing judge, jurry, and executioner on this one so it does not go south.