PDA

View Full Version : Camping at Pyramid?

smokeater
10-06-2007, 08:51 AM
Does anyone have any information on camping at Pyramid Lake?

Darian
10-06-2007, 10:17 AM
The Paiutes (tribe) has a website that may describe the facilties available at the lake.

www.pyramidlakefisheries.org

In case you need to know right away, try calling the Pyramid Lake Ranger Station at (775) 476-1155.

Altho I've fished there many times, I've never camped out there. I prefer to stay in Reno where I can get some great basque food. Maybe one our members who has camped at the lake will "chime in".... 8) 8)

Anne Vitale
10-06-2007, 07:18 PM
Camping at Pyramid Lake is about as simple as it gets. All you need is to get a camping permit along with your fishing permit. There are signs everywhere telling you where to get the permits. I don't recall how much it is but it isn't much.

Once you have the permits, just drive to a spot along the lake that appeals to you and settle in. Most people stay at the standard places such as North and South Nets, Separator Beach, Pelican Point and other access points on the West shore. You can also camp on the South end of the lake (Pop Corn) if you prefer.

Have a good time.....Anne

Motofish
10-08-2007, 06:40 AM
Also remember that it's very sandy there, place's like the net's are easy to park and camp, but be other spots not so well traveled can get a little sketchy driving on the sand! Victor

jayclarkflyfishing
10-18-2007, 06:58 AM
Also,new regs for this year prohibit camping on the east side of the lake.And watch out for the soft sand.Getting stuck at Pyramid can be an expensive adventure!There is plenty of very primitive camping available on the west side of the lake.Have fun!
Jay