PDA

View Full Version : Trinity River restaurants?

chapmag
10-04-2007, 10:44 AM
I'm going to the Trinity this weekend for the first time. Since I'll be with my non-fishing wife, it would be good to eat at least one restaurant while we're there. Can anyone recommend restaurants in the Douglas City/Junction City/Del Loma area? Thanks!

Greg

Rick J
10-04-2007, 10:58 AM
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g33244-d519510-r3674349-La_Grange_Cafe-Weaverville_California.html

Weaverville might be your best bet - I just did a google search and came up with the above

flyfshrmn
10-04-2007, 11:25 AM
Don't know of anything down stream, but the Lagrange in W'ville is fabulous.
Lewiston Hotel also serves a pretty decent meal. Lunch or Sandwiches, Trinideli is unbeatable, intersection of 3 and 299. The Sierra Nevada Grill in Lewiston is great for cafe style dining, as is Marino's in W'ville. I consider it a bad journey to the area if I don't get at least one stop at the LaGrange.

jhaquett
10-04-2007, 11:32 AM
There's a decent little "down-home" diner in Lewiston. You can't miss it it is on the main road off of 299.

Jasonh
10-06-2007, 01:12 PM
Another really good place to eat in Weaverville is Johnson's steakhouse. It's a great place for steaks, prime rib, etc with tv's to watch sports and a cool bar.

shawn kempkes
10-11-2007, 01:50 AM
cinabar sams in willow creek is the best restaraunt on the trinity. well worth the drive

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-11-2007, 08:44 AM
I might just go for the food?

30 years ago there was not much up there. I remember we ate at the "country club/golf coarse" out of Weaverville.

We stayed at the Weaverville Hotel and Big Foot RV/Campground.

We stayed in Joe's trailer at the little camp ground near Junction City too.

bigtj
10-12-2007, 11:40 AM
The garden cafe in Weaverville isn't bad either. There is a hole in the wall mexican up by the Cheveron on Highway 3 that has great food, too, but is more of a lunch spot.

Over the hill 60 minutes in Eureka is the Lost Coast Brewery which has the best pub food I've ever had, and Tomo's japanese in Arcata on the plaza is hard to beat, too.

Have a good time,

-John

trinity
10-18-2007, 02:49 PM
Hi everyone, my name is Will Johnson and I have been checking out this message board for a while and think it is great. I live in Weaverville and fish the Trinity almost every day, pretty lucky. The fishing has been awesome this week, fish all over the river, not just Junction City, which is where most of the people are. The rain has been great and we even have snow on Oregon Mountain, super early for that. Most of the locals think its going to be a cold and wet winter. I fished off of Seiner Flat road today, didn't have to deal with many people, caught a couple nice hatchery fish swinging a leach, it was awesome.

Anyway, the reason for my post is to let you know that my family bought the golf course and restaurant last year, renovated it, and reopened it. The golf course has been open for almost a year and is looking better than ever, and the restaurant opened this summer and is called Johnson's Steakhouse. We are trying to get the word out to the fishermen, so if you are cruising up to the Trinity anytime soon check our place out. It's a dinner house with prime rib on Fri/Sat, plus breakfast and lunch on the weekends. Our bar is great, two big flatscreens for ballgames, good micro brews on tap, Guinness too. Our parking lot is big enough for boats and rvs. We are located across from Topps Supermarket off of Glen Road, on the East side of town.

Thanks everyone

Adam Grace
10-18-2007, 09:19 PM
Trinity, Jason Hartwick raved about your steak after he ate at your place a week ago. Good luck, with food like that you guys will pack the seats and the links.

bigtj
10-19-2007, 07:36 PM
Will,

I am a friend of Jason's too and next time I'm in Weaverville I'll "be there".

Best,

-John