PDA

View Full Version : Trinity or Klamath info

PatrickM
10-03-2007, 02:56 PM
I'm cashing in my hallpass and heading up North tomorrow. Will do some trout fishing on the McCloud and Upper Sac with a buddy, and then go up to Ashland to see WillJ and fish the Rogue. On the way back down I was thinking about fishing the Klamath or the Trinity for a couple of days.
I was wondering if anyone has an opinion on which river would be fishing best right now. I plan on using my spey rod and swinging flies. I've only fished above I5 on the Klamath, and from Junction City up on the Trinity, so my knowledge of the lower sections of both rivers is pretty limited.
Any suggestions on where to fish, what flies to use, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to pm me if you like.
I'll take plenty of pics and will post a report when I get back.
Thanks, guys. :D

Patrick

WinterrunRon
10-03-2007, 06:04 PM
Patrick,

I was up on the Trinity the week before last. I saw no evidence of fish from the South Fork upstream, either in the water or attached to my fly. I left to fish the Pit. Spoke to several others there, nothing for them, either.

If Rick J doesn't reply, you might pm him about the Klamath. He was there recently and posted some info for me in one of the salmon/steelhead posts. I think it was Loren E's question about coastal river fishing. You might want to peek in there.

Gook luck. Sounds like my kind of road trip!

PatrickM
10-04-2007, 10:59 AM
Thanks, Ron.
Yeah, this should be a fun trip. I'm not planning on fishing five streams in one day, though - only crazy people do that. :twisted: