PDA

View Full Version : Dillon's Beach - Worth bringing my rod?

erhetta
10-03-2007, 08:17 AM
I am going to get away from the Sac area for the weekend and spend 3 days in Dillon Beach this upcoming weekend. Last year I went and sat for a day with a conventional surf pole at the north end of the beach by the rocks and caught a few surf perch on sand crabs that I dug there on the beach. It was nice and relaxing.

I am wondering if there is anybody that can turn me on to some tips, suggestions, locations, times, etc...about fly fishing on Dillon beach. I would love to try it.

If not, I will just bring my surf rod and sit with a cooler of adult beverages and some pile worms.

SteelieD
10-05-2007, 09:27 PM
Yes! Perch. There was guy named Mark who used to post here. Very informative stuff. he has a website but I think I bookmarked on my other computer 'cuz I can't find it now.

Here's an older thread. Looks like Mark is no longer a regular poster...

http://kiene.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=4522&highlight=dillon

speedymitch
10-17-2007, 10:53 AM
Is there a 'season' for Surf Perch on the Marin/Sonoma coast?

Mr. Noodle Rod
10-17-2007, 08:11 PM
Hey Speedy,

On the average, I've found the beaches around Marin/Sonoma to be quite productive for surfperch throughout the year whenever the surf is approachable or doesn't exhibit red tide conditions. Of course, I do get skunked on occasion!

Hey Erhetta,

Sorry for not getting back your earlier inquiry. Hopefully, you found a few fish to give a good tug or two at Dillon. I checked out the link provided by SteelieD - it was posted by some fella named "Guest" (??) :D :D

- Mark

erhetta
10-18-2007, 10:59 AM
I went and spent a day over by the rocks tossing bait...nothing.....

I did walk and see some deep cuts that I wish I had my fly rod for. Looked like they held fish.

I would love to get more into the fly-surf fishing as it seems like it would be a blast.

Thanks for all that tried to get me some info. Good stuff for the future.