PDA

View Full Version : Bad day in the Great Northwest

OregonSalmon
10-02-2007, 11:24 PM
Woke up to rain going sideways, a bit early for this time of year, but means the salmon are up to Saddle Mountain. O.K. no problem for more will show up. Call my buddy I've been keeping an eye on and no answer. Poor bugger is in poor health. After a few hours I figure I have to check up on him and sure enough he is dead. Grey tones and the oxygen pump not working means dead. Looked a might stiff but I didn't think it was arthritis. So I was soggy and freaked, needing a beer, and couldn't even force myself to steal one out of his fridge. Should have least stolen his leather jacket.
Not a good day on the north coast. Salmon have swam to ther' forinicatin' grounds, dead guys, and a sheetload of rain. No food in the fridge and nightmares on the way if I can sleep. For the two seconds I did see the carcass I did note he did die in his sleep and happy but still left a dent in my thin noggin'. I guess sanity swims upstream during a storm.
What a friggin' day.

HC
10-03-2007, 12:00 AM
Oregon Salmon, Sorry about losing your Buddy and all. I hope things get better real quick. HC

David Lee
10-03-2007, 06:09 AM
Sorry to hear it , GG .

Take heart in the fact that he will no longer suffer -

David

SteelieD
10-03-2007, 08:04 AM
Wow, that is a crummy day. Sorry for your loss.

Darian
10-03-2007, 08:08 AM
Hey Galen,.... Sorry to hear about your buddy but you're gonna be OK.... His mortal trials are over. Hopefully he passed, peacefully in his sleep. 8) 8)

Be well....

mike N
10-03-2007, 10:58 AM
Sorry to hear about your buddy, OS. It's a shame that life is always terminal. :( Fortuantely the good memories may fade slowly. I hope you can dream of them instead of lamenting the loss.

MN