PDA

View Full Version : Yuba River.....

Darian
09-26-2007, 10:19 AM
I'm not sure whther any of you read this in the Sacramento Bee or in my post or not but felt it worth a second look. A development project is scheduled for a vote in Yuba County next year. It's called the Yuba Highlands Project.

This project involves constructing 5100 homes and a 1 million square foot business park on 3,000 acres of land between Beale Air Force Base and the Spenceville Wildlife Area. It's estimated that this development will bring 13,000 people onto this rural land. In order to accomodate the anticipated increase in traffic, an existing rural/gravel road thru the wildlife area would be upgraded. Traffic impacts would be felt on Hammonton-Smartville Road, highways 20 and 65. Public services (law enforcement/fire protection, etc.) would be available from the County which is already strapped.

Seems to me that this is the equivalent of dropping a complete city into the Lower Yuba River watershed. This proposed development would be located within a short distance of the Hwy 20 bridge area on the south side of the river. :? :? :?

Tracy Chimenti
09-26-2007, 04:11 PM
... and of course, all oil, pesticide laden storm water will go right into the tribs, then into the river.