PDA

View Full Version : Replacement

caltagm
09-22-2007, 12:02 PM
So I got home from a business trip last night. This morning as we are leaving for breakfast I notice something odd about the truck. Then I realize, all my fishing gear is gone. And the center console has been cleared out. And my wife says, "Gee, all that stuff was on the passenger seat on Friday morning." Now I haven't been home in a week, and she's been driving the truck the whole time, but the fact that the truck was not in the same condition on Friday that she left it on Thursday didn't spark any concern. Then we come to realize that since there's no damage to the truck, she probably forgot to lock it on Thursday night. So now I'm out two rods (Sage 5wt and Winston 3wt), four reels and my entire fishing bag full of collected accoutrements over the last many years.

I am now beginning the arduous task of listing out what I lost and determining what to replace. And there is a lot of replacement going on here. So I thought I'd ask this forum of savvy fisherman - What kind of new wife should I get?

Sullenly,
Mike

Adam Grace
09-22-2007, 03:08 PM
Wow, that sucks Mike, sorry to hear about your loss.

TaylerW
09-22-2007, 07:01 PM
call your insurance company and see if its covered, we got robbed (dads conventional gear, calcutta te dc's,ect.) and it was covered.
best wishes,
tayler

caltagm
09-23-2007, 09:40 AM
Well now a day has passed and I'm not nearly as upset about having all my gear stolen from my truck. The upside of the whole experience is that now I get brand new gear.

So in that vein, I was wondering what single piece of equipment y'all think of as indispensable/irreplaceable? What one heavy recommendation would you make? I fish the Truckee and Little Truckee mostly with occassional trips down to Hot Creek and the Owens. This winter I plan on frequenting Pyramid Lake regularly (although it can be a bit intimidating with all the dedicated techniques).

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Mike

jbird
09-23-2007, 10:13 AM
single piece of equipment

Truckee and Little Truckee

frequenting Pyramid Lake regularly

Waders! :D

Ed Wahl
09-23-2007, 01:56 PM
A piece of string. Tie it around your finger to remind you to TAKE YOUR @!#%#@!% GEAR OUT OF THE TRUCK. :lol: :lol: :lol: Ed

gryhackl
09-23-2007, 04:36 PM
Sullen Mike
Find a rich one!

JerryInLodi
09-23-2007, 05:28 PM
Jbird, you read my mind!

lee s.
09-24-2007, 06:04 PM
And polarized shades.....good ones.

WinterrunRon
09-24-2007, 06:24 PM
If you think replacing the loss of your equipment is expensive, just try replacing your wife. She'll cost you at least half of everything!

My advice; keep your wife happy by downplaying the unlocked truck, see the silver lining of getting new gear... and then use it to go catch some silversides! :)

danb
09-24-2007, 07:13 PM
Well now a day has passed and I'm not nearly as upset about having all my gear stolen from my truck. The upside of the whole experience is that now I get brand new gear.

So in that vein, I was wondering what single piece of equipment y'all think of as indispensable/irreplaceable? What one heavy recommendation would you make? I fish the Truckee and Little Truckee mostly with occassional trips down to Hot Creek and the Owens. This winter I plan on frequenting Pyramid Lake regularly (although it can be a bit intimidating with all the dedicated techniques).

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Mike

Dan, you ought to try out the new Sage ZXL. It is one awesome rod! A good line cant be skimped on, I like SA the best for its IMO better shooting ability than Rio. At 5 weight the reel can be skimped on, a $400 reel for a 5 weight is really ridiculous unless you have the money. A good barstock in the $120 range should do it. I hear that the hardy lightweights might be made in china and drop from $500 to around $200.

You might also want to try the new TFO axiom fly rod, not quite a Sage but very close to it!