PDA

View Full Version : Photo Contest Voting Poll

Adam Grace
09-19-2007, 06:09 PM
Please vote only once for your favorite picture by voting for the photographer.

Typing a message is not required to vote, but please leave a positive comment about your selection if you would like.

This voting poll will remain open for 7 days.

The winner gets the distinction of becoming a winner of a Kiene's Photo Contest. The winner also wins the right to choose the topic or subject for the next photo contest :D

Thanks for participating in our first contest.

Matt Frey
09-19-2007, 06:21 PM
Thanks for putting that together Adam.

jbird
09-19-2007, 07:03 PM
Yes Adam. Thanks for all your efforts on this. I do appreciate it! Now that I see all the names up there, I realized there was pretty good participation! Thanks to all who submitted a photo!

Adam, When do you think we should cut off the photo submissions. Someone might get missed if they submit a photo after people have already cast votes.

Jay

Adam Grace
09-19-2007, 07:17 PM
No problem guys.

I was going to make this poll last for 7 days but I forgot to choose that setting while I was making the poll......so we will just type a "poll closing" post in 7 days.

Rob
09-20-2007, 03:01 PM
Hey i got a vote !!!! :shock:

Thanks !! :D

No i didnt vote for my own !!! :roll:

Thanks guys for doing this , really cool !!!!!!!!!!!!!

jbird
09-20-2007, 03:39 PM
This is really fun! I'm excited! :D

jbird
09-24-2007, 08:32 AM
I know theres a lot of you peaking in here. Vote on one of the pictures in the photo contest. You can view the contest pictures here http://www.kiene.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=7146 but vote for them here on this poll. The time limit is running out so cast your vote. It will only take a minute to browse the pictures and cast a vote :D

Thanks

Jay

Adam Grace
09-24-2007, 05:40 PM
Based on Tristan's underwater picture popularity makes me think that I should try some more underwater pics to display for you board members.

Only 2 more days left to vote for your favorite picture.

kokaneejr
09-25-2007, 09:32 PM
Adam, I agree with you on that. Keep us updated on your progress with the underwater stuff. I have tried a few but the lens always seems to fog up or my camera focuses on something other than the fish. Thanks again for running the contest...Craig.

jbird
09-26-2007, 05:05 PM
I will not be around to see the final tally of the 1st anual photo contest. It was really fun and I hope these will continue. Thanks are in order to bolden for his spirited motivation at the birth of the idea. A resounding thanks to Adam Grace for being the "MC" so to speak. Thanks to all who participated with a photo and/or a vote and thanks especially to Bill Keine for this uncommonly friendly forum :D :D :D :D

Jay

PS At this point, congratulations Tristan :nod:

bolden
09-26-2007, 06:50 PM
We should be thanking you Jay, you are the one that started the idea of a contest.

Also, an unnoficial congratulations to Tristan. You should start thinking about what the next contest should be so we can get it started quickly.

bolden
09-26-2007, 11:04 PM
I will also refrain from submitting a photo for this next contest.

Don't do that, we want as many pictures as we can get. If you win twice in a row it shows the quality of pictures you are taking.

Adam Grace
09-28-2007, 10:27 PM
Sorry guys, I've been away on a business trip.

Yes, Jay Thanks for a great idea.

Tristan, congratulations, that was a cool picture. I like your idea for the next contest.

Why don't we start the contest on this Sunday, 9/30/07 ?

Adam Grace
09-29-2007, 09:16 AM
Do you guys want to increase the limit of pictures per contest entry to 2 pictures this time?

What else might you want to change besides eliminating SLR & P&S categories?

bolden
09-29-2007, 10:03 PM
I do not care too much about changing the rules, although being able to use two pictures would be cool. The only thing is when you are voting you won't
know which photo youy name was voted for. maybe that does not even matter though.

I am just hoping for a little more participation in the voting next time. We got a lot of nice pictures, but only 30 or so votes.

Adam Grace
09-29-2007, 11:10 PM
I was also hoping for a greater participation for both votes and picture entries. Maybe this contest will grow in numbers next time.

I think that each contestant will have twice the opportunity to get votes if they admit 2 pictures. The voters will vote for their favorite photographer based on one picture just like before.

jaybird
10-07-2007, 04:36 AM
Hey guys!

I was just wondering if anyone still wants to do this? It looks like it got sent to the back burner? Adam? Trisan? Bolden? :D

Jay

bolden
10-07-2007, 02:35 PM
Sorry for not helping get the next one going, i had a couple of tests this past week.

I definitely think we should get the next one going soon.

The winner of the first contest, Tristan, said

I guess if I have to choose the next theme I would suggest that we try "waterscapes". (River, creek, lake, favorite fishing hole....with one caveat...try and keep it plain and simple... no "casting themed" photos framed in a landscape, or boats racing around, or having lots of people interacting and disturbing the picture.. ect...just keep it simple with landscapes of water.)

Hopefully one of the admins can post this, which is basically just a small change from the first one. I think we agreed to have two photos per
person to encourage more participation.

Here is the next contest.

Photo Contest #2 - Waterscapes

Each participant may enter up to two photos.

The topic for this contest is waterscapes. This includes any pictures of water and surrounding nature, no people.

The contest will last through Sunday, October 21, when a voting thread will be opened to tally the results. The voting poll will be open for about 7 days.

There will be one winner, decided by the voting thread, that will choose the next photo contest topic.

This thread is for pictures only, NO discussion in this thread please. If you wish, you can give specifics about your own photos. For example, what camera, what lens, where it was taken, any photoshop changes, etc.

Good luck to all.

Flycanoe
10-08-2007, 02:46 PM
Looking forward to partcipating in this one. Didn't have anything worthy enough to submit last time.