PDA

View Full Version : A Little Weather

Digger
09-18-2007, 05:52 AM
NWS Statement
...A FALL-LIKE WEATHER SYSTEM WILL BRING UNSETTLED WEATHER TO THE REGION DURING THE SECOND HALF OF THE WEEK..

THE FIRST SIGNIFICANT WEATHER SYSTEM TO AFFECT NORTHERN CALIFORNIA IN SEVERAL MONTHS WILL BRING A DRAMATIC CHANGE IN THE WEATHER TO THE REGION BEGINNING ON WEDNESDAY. A STRONG LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM ORIGINATING ALONG THE WEST COAST OF CANADA WILL MOVE SOUTHWARD INTO NORTHERN CALIFORNIA WEDNESDAY BRINGING AN INCREASE IN CLOUDS...SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ALONG WITH COOLER TEMPERATURES AND BREEZY CONDITIONS. THE LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL MOVE SOUTHWARD
TO ALONG THE CENTRAL CALIFORNIA COAST BY LATE THURSDAY...BUT MUCH OF THE REGION WILL CONTINUE TO SEE A CHANCE OF SHOWERS INTO THE FIRST PART OF THE UPCOMING WEEKEND.

PEOPLE SHOULD BE PREPARED FOR A SIGNIFICANT WEATHER CHANGE
BEGINNING ON WEDNESDAY. THOSE PLANNING OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES SHOULD BE PREPARED FOR COOL AND BLUSTERY WEATHER WITH SCATTERED SHOWERS AND POSSIBLE THUNDERSTORMS...AND EVEN A LITTLE SNOW MAY BE POSSIBLE ACROSS THE HIGHEST ELEVATIONS OF THE NORTHERN SIERRA AND NORTHERN MOUNTAINS.

Adam Grace
09-18-2007, 06:13 AM
Thanks Digger, you're our fishing weatherman! :D

Frank Alessio
09-18-2007, 08:14 AM
Digger..... Why are you SHOUTING ????? Frank

Mike McKenzie
09-18-2007, 08:49 AM
Because that's the way NOAA prints it, All caps...Cut and Paste is a lot easier than re-typin' the whole thing. Let him keep it simple and easy
:D :D
Thanks for your effort Digger!
Mike

gryhackl
09-19-2007, 05:21 PM
Digger
Your weather forcasts are just the best. You're really good, but Kristine Hanson was better looking.

David Lee
09-19-2007, 08:38 PM
Digger
Your weather forcasts are just the best. You're really good, but Kristine Hanson was better looking.

LMAO !!

Friggin RAIN here in Fair Oaks tonight - I just can't remember the first storm of fall ever coming this early before :-k

David

Ed Wahl
09-19-2007, 09:04 PM
I did a naked rain dance the other week while in the high country. A couple of drips, hmmm. I'm not sure but I think that might be some sort of insult. Oh well. Ed

Adam Grace
09-19-2007, 09:06 PM
Ed, hopefully you didn't scare off all the wildlife :lol:

Digger
09-20-2007, 02:33 PM
Digger

Yeah, but my posts are not as distracting, therefore more effective.
I doubt you remember anything she SAID. :lol:

Digger
09-20-2007, 02:35 PM
I did a naked rain dance the other week while in the high country. A couple of drips, hmmm. Ed

maybe donning some Depends would help

sorry, couldn't resist #-o

Digger
09-21-2007, 06:14 AM
...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM THIS EVENING THROUGH SATURDAY AFTERNOON...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN SACRAMENTO HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM THIS EVENING THROUGH SATURDAY AFTERNOON.

SCATTERED RAIN SHOWERS WILL DEVELOP THIS EVENING AND INCREASE TONIGHT. SNOW LEVELS NEAR 9000 FEET WILL DROP TO 7500 FEET BY SATURDAY MORNING. UP TO SIX INCHES OF SNOW ARE POSSIBLE ABOVE 7500 FEET BY SATURDAY AFTERNOON. SNOW WILL TAPER OFF TO SCATTERED SHOWERS BY SATURDAY EVENING.

BE PREPARED FOR WINTER DRIVING CONDITIONS OVER THE HIGHEST PASSES OF THE NORTHERN SIERRA THIS WEEKEND. CARRY CHAINS AND EXPECT DELAYS DUE TO SNOW. HIKERS AND BACK COUNTRY TRAVELERS SHOULD BE PREPARED FOR WINTER WEATHER.

SNOW LEVELS WITH THIS SYSTEM WILL BE NEAR 9000 FEET TONIGHT. THEY ARE EXPECTED TO DROP TO 7500 FEET ACROSS MUCH OF THE SIERRA CASCADE RANGE SATURDAY. IN AREAS OF HEAVIER PRECIPITATION...UP TO 6 INCHES OF SNOW MAY FALL OVER THE HIGHEST MOUNTAIN PASSES...INCLUDING SONORA PASS ON HIGHWAY 108...AND CARSON PASS ON HIGHWAY 88. A WINTER STORM WATCH HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR THESE HIGHER PASSES LATE TONIGHT INTO SATURDAY.

bigtj
09-21-2007, 05:11 PM
We need to keep a tally of how many of digger's post are come true. I think the long-range ones area bout 0 for 10.

Digger
09-22-2007, 02:57 PM
I don't create them, merely post them.
but since you've opened that door...... see the 4th paragraph:
http://www.kiene.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=7094

if you find no value in them . . . oh well !!!

bigtj
09-22-2007, 09:55 PM
I was simply making a joke of the incredibly complex and somewhat unreliable art & science of meteorology. I don't generally trust any weather forecast over 3 days in advance, and I take every forecast with a grain of salt. The atmosphere is simply too complex to ever understand, model, or predict completely.

I just can't get too excited about long-term forecasts because of their unreliability. When the confidence intervals exceed the range of predictions, it's not much better than an educated guess, or perhaps the pages of the Farmer's almanac.