PDA

View Full Version : Skeena Spey School Photos

Jeff Putnam
09-17-2007, 09:12 AM
Hey everyone. Just returned from the Skeena. Great trip with great people, thanks to all those who attended. Fishing on the Skeena and its tributaries was slower than normal. Everyone had to work for the fish they caught. A few steelhead pushing the 20 lb class were hooked, most landed were around 10-16 lbs. One angler landed a 38.5 inch steelhead! Several very hot steelhead that were hooked remined us that we were no longer in Kansas! Sorry Todo. This is fishery that every steelhead junky must visit at least once in their life. Visit the photo gallery to see more.
http://jpflyfishing.com/index_001.htm

WinterrunRon
09-17-2007, 11:02 AM
Very nice, JP;

If it wasn't for the majestic mountains, tall evergreen trees, snow-melt runoff, huge native fish, wide, expansive river and bear tracks in the sand 8) , I could have swore that was the Amercina River! :)

Rick J
09-17-2007, 11:42 AM
Jeff - wonderful photos - made me long for last spring when Bruce and I were up there. Did you stay at the lodge or fish from the river camp?

Nice to see Ruger again!! As big as that dog is, he looks small when next to Dustin!!

Jeff Putnam
09-17-2007, 04:19 PM
Thanks guys :D ... We stayed at the lodge. I kinda like the idea of camping out to fish earlier and later in the day however, there's no way I could miss out on the food served by the lodge. It's up there with some of the finest lodges that I have visited. Ruger is awesome! Very mellow and in need of attention from anyone that will volunteer to rub and scratch him. He's an Akita and Rottweiler mix about 120 lbs. I would not want to make him mad. jp

Adam Grace
09-17-2007, 05:38 PM
Great pictures Jeff! Too bad the fishing was slow but at least there were some big steelhead caught, plus you can't beat that scenery!

nrthcsteel
09-17-2007, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the trip report and the great pics. One of these days one of these days...... Kevin