PDA

View Full Version : Great American River Cleanup 9/15/07

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-12-2007, 08:12 PM
Great American River Cleanup 9/15!!!

1,000 Volunteers Needed!

The 29th Great American River Cleanup is right around the corner!

Are you ready to volunteer, get dirty and show appreciation for all the benefits we received throughout the year from this beautiful landscape in our very own backyard!

For more Info go to www.arpf.org – click on Great American River Cleanup!

Feel free to forward this email on to others in the community who would be willing to help us.

David Lee
09-14-2007, 06:19 AM
I signed on for the Rossmoor access .

Anyone else going this Saturday ??

David

David Lee
09-15-2007, 05:00 PM
Great day to be out there !!

Rossmoor cleanup was lead by John Barris - CFFU member and Cordova High School teacher , he had about 25 High School students . They were a hard-working bunch that totally destroyed what little trash we found .

Only three adults showed (myself included) . That's pretty piss-poor in my opinion . Had a half-dozen flyfishers walk by on their way down to hunt Half-Pounders , I guess they don't read this board ??

While the young folks picked-up EVERYTHING that was out there (from San Juan rapids to 'Gilligans' Island) , there just was not much garbage for a nice change !! 34 bags of recycling and a like amount of trash were collected ...... when the kids were done , you'd be hard-pressed to find even a cigg butt out there !!

John Barris and Cordova students - you guys and girls ROCK ! THANK YOU =D> !!!!

David :) :) :) :) :)

Ed Wahl
09-15-2007, 09:26 PM
I think these things need a little more advance publicity. I only found out about it on Thursday. Unfortunatley I had to bow out this time, some pesky lower back pain and a truck that apparantly wants a new motor. Those of you that have seen my truck will know that a big repair bill more than equals the price of a replacement. I'm thinking maybe a 4x4 this time, those gravel bars are hell for launching a pram with a 2by. Ed

David Lee
09-15-2007, 09:58 PM
Sorry to hear about your back , take it easy and get well .

If that truck could talk ........ !! How many miles now ?

David