PDA

View Full Version : photobucket question

jbird
09-07-2007, 04:21 PM
If I delete pictures from my PC, will I lose them in photobucket too?

I just searched my hard drive and it counted 4210 pictures :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Time to start burning discs :D

Jay

Matt Frey
09-07-2007, 04:31 PM
I am fairly certain that they remain on Photobucket, but it's likely that on photobucket they will be saved in a lower resolution than you have them on your computer. CDs and DVDs can get lost or damaged easily. You may want to look into a external drive. You can get one for pretty cheap.

BTW: That's a sweet fish you caught!

Adam Grace
09-07-2007, 09:53 PM
Jay, your pictures are saved on photobucket's computers so if you delete them from your computer they'll still be on photobucket.

jbird
09-09-2007, 06:44 AM
Thanks guys!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-09-2007, 07:51 AM
Do they ever go away on PhotoBucket?

Adam Grace
09-09-2007, 02:50 PM
Nope, I've been using it for a couple years now and I have never experienced any photos disappearing unless I deleted them myself.

Photobucket is awesome, very easy, give it a try Bill.

WinterrunRon
09-10-2007, 03:35 AM
Not to point out the obvious, but it wasn't so obvious when I did it without thinking.

And that is, if you move or delete your photos in photobucket AFTER copying and pasting the link in a message, the photo in your message will no longer appear.

My mistake, but I learned this the old fashioned way. So BEFORE you copy the link from your photobucket, make sure the pictures are in a folder where you want them to stay. If you make the mistake I did, you can re-visit photobucket, copy the new link, re-paste it in the origianal message and your good to go.

Perhaps theres a way to make the link dynamic so it follows the photo, but I'm not that talented. Anyone know more?

Adam Grace
09-10-2007, 06:37 AM
Good point Ron, last year I figured that out the hard way as well :oops: