PDA

View Full Version : Overnighter in the Delta for LMB- Oct 13/14, 2007

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-01-2007, 02:35 PM
http://www.lundborglanding.com/ - Bethel Island

David, Hair Stacker, Ed and All,

I just was looking at the calendar and was thinking of a weekend outing to the Delta for mostly LMB top water. The weekend of October 13/14, 2007 looks pretty good.

Now that we had one outing there at 107 degrees in July I figure we are experts now. Show be cooler in October.

Maybe a fly fishing tent city?

How does that sound?

Scott V
09-01-2007, 07:42 PM
I'm in, the wife and I will be there. Let me know when someone is going to make reservations, I need an rv spot.

Hairstacker
09-01-2007, 10:57 PM
Well, I won't be able to spend the night but I will do my best to make it out there during the day. This will definitely be a blast! :D

David Lee
09-02-2007, 08:33 AM
I have to cancel . Sorry .

David

Mrs.Finsallaround
09-06-2007, 11:25 AM
Paul and I are in, too. Need to know costs, etc...

Topwater for LMB in the delta is my FAVORITE.... :D

Robin

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-06-2007, 11:50 PM
Everyone needs to make their own reservations for a camp sight for what ever nights they plan on staying.

The weather should be spectacular. I think this is going to be a 'killer' outing.

As someone does make their reservations maybe they can let us all know what the number of the space is so we can all try to be close.

http://www.lundborglanding.com/

This 'thread' is under 'Warm Water' and 'Events' so you might want to read both categories.

Scott V
09-11-2007, 12:50 PM
I have my reservation, my wife "Kathy" and I along with our 3 cats will be showing up Friday night in our rv and will be staying til noon on Sunday. I also plan on renting a bass boat for Saturday. I have no idea what spot I will be in, but when I find out I'll post. But I will be easy to spot, I will have little bass lights hanging from my awning.

BigBill
09-11-2007, 02:40 PM
I would really like to make this. But, I'm assuming it's not a very good spot for float tubing eh? Does anyone have room for 1 more on their boat?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-11-2007, 08:04 PM
You can use anything that floats?

Float tubes, pontoon boats, rafts, canoes, kayaks, small boats............big boats.

The water way in front of the marina is 5 mph so it's real quiet and safe.

That is one attraction to this location.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-24-2007, 09:06 AM
Be sure to get a camping spot resevered at Lundborg's Marina.

http://www.lundborglanding.com/

Jay Murakoshi will be at the shop on Saturday, October 6th, the weekend before the outting. He will be tying bass flies for the outting.

You might come in that day to talk about the outting?

Dave4622
09-25-2007, 07:51 AM
I have reservation for a tent spot for Friday, Saturday. Can't RV and take the boat. Looking forward to meeting all the good folks. Dave

Jordan
09-25-2007, 08:38 AM
I hope to make it.
Anybody have an extra spot on a boat? Happy to bring beer, wine or ?
I have rods and will get some flies at Kienes. Striper and LMB fishing are new to me, but looks like fun.

Jordan

Dave4622
09-27-2007, 09:13 PM
Jordan, I sent you a PM. May have a spot on mine depending on what day(s) you are going to be there. Dave

Mike Churchill
10-05-2007, 08:07 PM
Unfortunately, I'm going to miss the Saturday planning session (have to drive to Fresno to visit family and pick up an electric motor for my "new" boat).

I'll probably stop in to Kiene's on Sunday to pick up flies and find out what I missed if possible.

I'll be coming down Saturday morning and staying overnight. Capt. Jerry has offered me a ride for Sunday, but I am currently planning on tubing around the marina area on Saturday. (I have a new to me 12 foot Gregor I will be launching for the first time this Sunday w/electric and oars. I would bring it down and use it on Saturday if I was less concerned about leaving it in the parking lot all day Sunday...).

If any of you think I'd be better off in the boat than the tube, please enlighten me. If I bring the boat, I'll have an extra seat for Saturday (but no wisdom to share...).

Mike

Scott V
10-08-2007, 07:45 AM
Mike, I will be in on an inflatable pontoon, so it would be nice to float with someone else. But if you bring your boat I wouldn't mind joining you. Hopefully there will be other people floating.

Mrs.Finsallaround
10-10-2007, 01:29 PM
Hey everyone... Paul and I will be there Saturday and Sunday, and we have a 17 ft boat that will fit one more fly-fisherman. We have lots of rods, flies, etc... just need a body!

Bring a camera if you want pics of your catch.

Mike Churchill
10-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Robin,

I'd love to occupy the vacant seat on Saturday. That would save me hauling the tube and waders down.... :)

You can PM me or email me at mchurchill@kmtg.com to let me know when and where to meet you.

Thanks,

Mike

Mrs.Finsallaround
10-11-2007, 10:37 AM
:arrow: K, we've got Mike Churchill on Saturday, but he'll be with Jerri on Sunday :P :roll: .

So, that leaves an opening for one more fly-fisherman (or woman :wink: ) on our 17 ft. boat for Sunday, 10/14/07. We have plenty of rods, flies, beverages, etc... if someone wants to pitch in for fuel, that would be welcome, otherwise, we just need a body that wants to fly-fish! 8)

Can't wait to meet everyone this weekend! :D

Jordan
10-11-2007, 01:06 PM
Hi Robin,

I'd be happy to chip in for fuel on Sunday. I'll be around Friday and Sat so I'm sure we can connect if the spot is still open.

Thanks,

Jordan

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-11-2007, 09:24 PM
I was wondering how many might be coming this weekend?

Can everyone post the names of those who are going to be there?

It will be me, Bill Kiene & Jay Murakoshi.

Friday PM through Sunday.

We are motel-ling it in Bentwood Friday and Saturday night.

We will be in my white fiberglass 12 foot boat.

I am hoping we can all get together on Saturday at noon for a group barbeque and BS session. I'll bring enough BS for everyone.

Ed Wahl
10-12-2007, 04:35 AM
I'll be there Bill, with my 8' black aluminum pram. I've been on the fence about this one, the reason being that it's October, the best month of the year to be fishing in the Sierras. This is looking like one of those "can't miss" opportunities though. I'll be there early Sat., and I'll toss the ole weber in the back just in case. Ed..... Looks like a good time for some boat pics.

Scott V
10-12-2007, 06:30 AM
Glad to see you are making it Ed, and yes please bring your b-b-q. Kathy and I will be there tonight hopefully around 7, we will be in our rv, just look for the lighted palm tree. I will be tieing flies tonight, so stop on by, I could use any coaching. As for fishing I will be on an orange inflatable pontoon.

Mike Churchill
10-12-2007, 08:04 AM
I will be fishing with Paul and Robin Saturday morning and bringing some fresh wild pork for the BBQ. I'll be with Capt. Jerry on Sunday.

Depending on how quickly Paul and Robin want to head back out to fish after eating, I might spend the afternoon in my blue float tube.

Look forward to seeing all of you.

Mike

Mrs.Finsallaround
10-12-2007, 09:34 AM
Noon to 12:30 sounds good. The low tide is 1:04 pm at Irish Landing / Sandmound Slough.

Irish Landing, Sandmound Slough
Sat 01:55AM LDT 0.1 L 07:59AM LDT 2.7 H 01:04PM LDT 1.2 L 06:40PM LDT 3.6 H
Sun 02:32AM LDT 0.1 L 08:52AM LDT 2.6 H 01:35PM LDT 1.4 L 07:07PM LDT 3.7 H

Is anyone bringing firewood for a campfire?