PDA

View Full Version : JohnRudes

paulegan81
09-01-2007, 09:20 AM
Last year I bought a 17' Tracker with a 60 hp Johnson and have fished it hard putting up with some motor problems rough idle loading up and stalling. Every shop I called wanted $400-$450, just to tune it up!! They also wanted to keep the boat for at least 10 days and when you fish at least 3 days a week that is just unacceptable........
Just about a week ago I was in the shop (bills) picking up some rods and Bill asked me about my boat then he told me of a mechanic who was old school but he only worked on OMC well that is just what I needed....... I googled Sacramento Outboard and got the number. then called MR. Wilson.
From the first conversation I knew this was the man I wanted working on my boat.... When I brought the boat to him and removed the cover he had the thing diagnosed from 10 feet away????? Some people are just gifted.. Anyway, he took the boat in on Wednesday at 5pm and called me Thursday at noon and said it was done and I could pick it up. When I got there he spent about 30-45 min explaining what he had done and he gave me the old part that he had replaced without my asking. He showed me how it was broken. Willson is a master OMC Mechanic HE is a great guy and understands that fishermen need their boats. I took the boat out that night and it ran like a top!!!! it now runs better than ever. Willsons charged
me only 1 hour labor and for the parts (less than $200) for the whole job.
I wont take my boat any where else.
I only hope you guys with Merc's Honda's and zukie's can find some one as good.

Paul.....
Tight lines and smooth Idles to all...........