PDA

View Full Version : Lake Davis will be closed

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-01-2007, 09:08 AM
"USFS “forest closure” takes effect on Tuesday after Labor Day and will last at least through all of Sept and possibly into Oct. The only people allowed access to the lake will be workers and residents.

I am confident that we have developed a successful treatment plan. The drier than normal field conditions has helped to confine the extent of isolated waters mostly to the stream corridors; and the level of determination, hard work, and dedication I have witnessed from my fellow DFG employees emphasizes our commitment to remove the northern pike from Lake Davis and restore the trophy trout fishery.

David J. Grant

Fisheries Biologist

California Department of Fish and Game"

__________________________________________________ __________

Probably be good again by next October?

dtp916
09-02-2007, 12:35 AM
I hope they do it right this time.... :)

Bye bye pikey.

Tracy Chimenti
09-03-2007, 07:12 AM
At least this time there's no local DA that's gonna file an injunction to stop the lowering of the lake (so it can be treated as per the programtic EIR for rotenone). Hard to get anything done right when you're not allowed to follow the directions on the lable. If the emotional, anti-government locals would have let DFG do it the way they wanted on the first try, the lake would have been at world-class status three-years ago, and the economy would have recovered a decade earlier.