PDA

View Full Version : Casting Practice

Adam Grace
08-24-2007, 07:27 AM
Since I have an exciting trip to the Klamath with Rick J. coming up I need to brush off some of my spey casting cobwebs. I want to practice on the Feather River where I have a slight possibility of catching an early steelie or a salmon.

Is anyone interested in joining my out on the Feather for some spey casting this upcoming week?

I have available time on Monday and Wednesday around 5pm for about 3hrs or so before sundown.

Adam Grace
08-25-2007, 09:54 PM
My casting today wasn't too bad. Like riding a bike, I picked it back up again pretty well, but a little sloppy on some casts. I need to practice my river right casts. Hopefully I can smooth out the wrinkles before my trip to the Klamath.

I missed spey casting practice, I used to do it on the American all the time, I really enjoy the art and skill involved with spey casting. What about you guys?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-26-2007, 05:12 AM
Saturday mornings under the Watt Avenue Bridge is realy a great place to meet other Spey types on the Lower American River.

Rick J
08-26-2007, 06:07 PM
It is tough when you are not close to moving water. There is a lake a few minutes away and I periodically go down for a tune up but it is not the same as casting on moving water