PDA

View Full Version : Woods Lake Fishing Report 8/22/07

GaryP
08-23-2007, 06:50 PM
Hello all,

Yesterday I went to woods lake with the CFFU Otters. I do have to say thet that was a great time. That was my first time fishing with those fine gentalmen and it will not be my last.

Well we got to woods lake at around 9:30am and started fishing. We were at first catching trout on woolybuggers (Green) with flash in it and other types of streamers. through out the day we were noticing that the trout where hitting the surface alot and we couldn't tell what they were eating. After a while we decided to have lunch and go back in. Then we noticed that there were flying ants on the surface. So we started to throw black ants dry flies and imeadiatly started to get hits.

At about 4:00pm there was a mayfly hatch and the water was swarming with them.

I had a wonderfull time and it was a great place to fish.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-23-2007, 08:23 PM
Great report Gary

Can you describe where Lake of the Woods is located.

Thanks

GaryP
08-24-2007, 04:58 PM
Well go highway 50 east towards Lake Tahoe, Take the Sly Park road towards sly park, and make a left on Morman imagrant trail for 28 miles till it junctions with hwy 88, then take a left on hwy 88. go past silver lake, caples lake and about 2-3 miles past caples lake there is a camp ground on the right named Woods Lake. Take that road on the right, straight to the lake. the lake is a free access lake but the camp grounds you have to pay. The lake is full of stockers and some hold overs.

Woods Lake elevation is 8200 feet.

From Pollock pines it is about 1-2 hour drive,

Sacramento 2-3 hr drive.

Btw alot of people fish red lake which is right past woods lake on the right. Both of these lakes are small 10-20 acre lakes and you can have a blast in a tube or a boat.

Woods lake you can't have any type of motor at all.

Reds Lake you can have an battery operated motor only, No gass.

I hope this helps those who like to fish small lakes and ponds.