PDA

View Full Version : New type of duck !!

Rob
08-19-2007, 06:29 PM
From Florida i think !!! :D :shock: :twisted:

They are know for eating you hunting dogs !!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/rgkempton/Hunting%20ducks/animals075.jpg

jbird
08-19-2007, 07:17 PM
Rob

Now I know why your pictures are all so amazing....you are a master 'photoshopper' :lol: :D

And to think it all started with the beloved jackolope :D

Jay

Darian
08-19-2007, 07:25 PM
Didn't I see that guy in Tremors II :?: :?: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rob
08-22-2007, 10:53 AM
Rob

Now I know why your pictures are all so amazing....you are a master 'photoshopper' :lol: :D

And to think it all started with the beloved jackolope :D

Jay

I wish i new how to do that , i have photo shop but don't have a clue how to use most of it . :oops: The only thing i use is sharpening and contrast adjustment , i can make a photo into black and white from color . I have used the clone to remove dust spots and water drop marks from my lens . The rainbow photo was taken in the rain , i had a water drop on my lens and it showed up in the sky , so i cloned over it. I am not a hightech kind of guy . :oops: :oops: I am still trying to figure out how to take night photos , like lightning , with my 20D . I would like to take a long exposure shot of the old building at night with a full moon and clouds . Not sure what settings in need to use. My manual was helpless .

bolden
08-22-2007, 03:17 PM
I am still trying to figure out how to take night photos , like lightning , with my 20D . I would like to take a long exposure shot of the old building at night with a full moon and clouds . Not sure what settings in need to use. My manual was helpless .

I am assuming that it would be similar in operation to my d50, so here is how my camera works for long exposures.

To get more than 30 seconds, you need to put it in manual mode and spin the dial to make the exposure longer and longer. Eventually
there should be a mode called bulb. What it does is when you push it it will take a picture for however long you hold it down. If you have
a remote however, the shutter opens when you click it once, and then closes again when you click the remote a second time. As far as
exposures, my full moon shots from silver creek were about 4 minutes at iso 200 and f/4. Here is one of those shots.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a31/bolden916/Photography/Landscape/DSC_0241.jpg

There are actually quite a few different things you can do with night shots on a full moon. If you wanted longer star trails, you can shoot at
iso 100 or stop down to f/5.6 or more. The best thing to do is just try a whole bunch of stuff the first night. Even if they are no good you
can figure out what settings you like, so that the next time you go out you will know what you need to do.

Good luck on the night shots, and if you have any more questions go ahead and ask.

Rob
08-22-2007, 04:45 PM
I am still trying to figure out how to take night photos , like lightning , with my 20D . I would like to take a long exposure shot of the old building at night with a full moon and clouds . Not sure what settings in need to use. My manual was helpless .

I am assuming that it would be similar in operation to my d50, so here is how my camera works for long exposures.

To get more than 30 seconds, you need to put it in manual mode and spin the dial to make the exposure longer and longer. Eventually
there should be a mode called bulb. What it does is when you push it it will take a picture for however long you hold it down. If you have
a remote however, the shutter opens when you click it once, and then closes again when you click the remote a second time. As far as
exposures, my full moon shots from silver creek were about 4 minutes at iso 200 and f/4. Here is one of those shots.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a31/bolden916/Photography/Landscape/DSC_0241.jpg

There are actually quite a few different things you can do with night shots on a full moon. If you wanted longer star trails, you can shoot at
iso 100 or stop down to f/5.6 or more. The best thing to do is just try a whole bunch of stuff the first night. Even if they are no good you
can figure out what settings you like, so that the next time you go out you will know what you need to do.

Good luck on the night shots, and if you have any more questions go ahead and ask.

Thanks

Very nice photo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DonCooksey
08-22-2007, 06:42 PM
Now you need to design a fly that calls specifically for gator duck feathers.