PDA

View Full Version : Tying Session

Jay Murakoshi
08-18-2007, 04:15 PM
In regards to the October 13th fishout on the Delta. Bill and I discussed over the phone about doing a tying day at the shop. I'd been planning this for a while but just approached Bill right before he mentioned the outing. Actually, I proposed the weekend of Oct. 13th but the weekend before will be fine. As a matter of fact, I will be doing alot of top water patterns and sinking patterns as well.

Here's what I plan on tying during the day. If we can start around 10:30am - 11am, I hope to get a bunch of different patterns tied up.
I'm looking to tie Dalbergs, Koshi's Crank Bait, Rainbow SH, White Knight SH and a new version of the Clouser - tied on a 30 degree jig hook.

I will be raffling off some flies for those that show up. Most likely it will be around a dozen and a half, all bass flies. Maybe as one package or break up the selection. I'll let you guys make the call. Now the catcher... you have to be present to win the flies and the flies will be drawn at the end of the day.... No tickets, no coupons. Everyone who attends, will put their name on a slip of paper and the name or names will be drawn out of the hat.

Ok, that's it...

Jay

Let's put the prize at two dozen bass flies :shock:

Adam Grace
08-18-2007, 07:46 PM
That's very nice of you Jay, I know tht you spend a grat amount of time to tie up your flies.

Hopefully I can attend and win some of those beautiful bugs.

Scott V
09-11-2007, 11:59 AM
I hope you are still doing this Jay, I can't wait to watch you tie and hopefully learn something, plus I can always use more bass flies, especially for the overniter.

Winner winner chicken dinner. :)

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-11-2007, 08:06 PM
Great Jay,

I guess that would be October 6th, Saturday?

Jay Murakoshi
09-13-2007, 03:55 AM
Scott,

I'm planning on being there on Oct. 6th. I know for sure I'll be doing a dalberg, diving bill fly, possibly a zigger&zagger, and some sea habits.
I'll tie a couple clousers on the 30 degree jig hook.

I should have a few flies for a drawing :shock:

Bill,
What's a good time to start?
What day's are you plan on going to the Delta for the Kiene bass day

Jay