PDA

View Full Version : I will be at Watt Avenue around noon today

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-12-2007, 07:43 AM
Going to get some more help from Jeff Putnam so I can be practicing and getting better at Spey casting for our little 'quicky' trip to the Klamath River on August 22.

David Lee
08-12-2007, 02:51 PM
That was FUN !!~

Thanks to Larry and Ron H. for the tips/good vibes - and to all the lovely girls that were looking for conversation :shock: 8) :D :D :D :D :D ........ I've had MUCH worse days .

Bill - nice (as always ...) to chatter w/ ya . Let's start a list for the October Bass thingie soon :idea:

David :D

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-12-2007, 07:40 PM
Well, it's still very nice down on the Lower American River, especially today with the lower temp.

Lots of families enjoying the water with a barbeque at Watt.

First, I met up with Larry Takeuchi, who is one of the top Spey Masters in our town. Larry helped me out with some great info. He really "wanked" some nice casts with my new Anderson Spey rod so there is hope.

Then we ran into David Lee who conveniently had an ice chest with beer and water. We visited in the shade of a big tree and enjoyed the day together.

Then I went out and practiced some more and top Spey instructor Jeff Putnam slipped away from some students to gave me more pointers. Jeff took my rod and made it look easy too.

Like golf, I actually made a few good casts, more by accident, but really cool though. Can't wait to hook some Steelhead on the lower Klamath River soon.