PDA

View Full Version : Fast and Furious Fun on the Delta

JerryInLodi
08-09-2007, 06:57 AM
Yesterday, with the now stable weather pattern, the LMB fishing was fast and furious with 27 fish boated between 2pm and 6pm. Most of the fish were small, between 3/4 pound and two pounds but I did manage two fish approaching 2 1/2 pounds. Another 10-15 fish were missed.

All were caught on a black foam popper with chartreuse tail. Most of the fish were picked up along the rip-wrap in fairly open water where current was moving.

The afternoon tides look absolutely great through next Thursday. I find that I usually pick up my largest fish towards dusk and on the top of the tide. The conditions are right for the next seven days.

The weather and tides are the keys. We're in a fairly stable weather pattern, winds have moderated and high tide is about 5:30pm this Friday and will move to about 8:30pm next Thursday.

Get out there and do some fishing!

Paul B.
08-09-2007, 09:56 PM
Jerry, I tried to send a pm but I don't think it went through. I'd like to book a trip. Paul gs1dad@aol.com

JerryInLodi
08-10-2007, 02:15 PM
Paul, since you won the LMB tournament you have a free trip coming! I've sent you a couple of e-mails inviting you to book a date.

Take a lookk at my calendar and pick a date. If you want August I suggest the days between 8/11-17/07 or the days between 8/26-9/1/2007.

Those days are evening fishing, starting at about 3pm until dark-thirty.

Send me an e-mail at either gneuburg@pacbell.net or gneuburger@yahoo.com

Note: the day iis for TWO so bring a friend if you want.

Hairstacker
08-11-2007, 09:32 PM
the LMB fishing was fast and furious with 27 fish boated between 2pm and 6pm. . . Another 10-15 fish were missed

:shock: Man, that IS some fast and furious action! Next time I see you, I'm going to have to take a very close look at that "black foam popper with chartreuse tail." :lol:

Paul B.
08-11-2007, 09:56 PM
Stacker, You won't belive how simple but efective that popper is. Paul