PDA

View Full Version : A peaceful week of evening fishing

WinterrunRon
08-02-2007, 09:29 PM
I've been fishing from the bank the last hour of light, and even into the dark to 9:30 for the last week. Seems all the big females are gone but the small males are still around and they are lots of fun on the 4wt. Either myself or my friend have hooked a few each night. Nothing to get excited about but we manage 2-8 each night.

Even if the the peak has passed, it's still gorgeous out there. The moon was full earlier this week and rose directly in the center of the river looking like a hugh yellow/gold ball of swiss cheese, the same four mallard hen sisters from this years hatching swim by behind me each night like clockwork about 8:45, the family of 5 otters head out to fish as well, Tuesday a doe and her fawn came down for a drink, the same flock of 8 honkers fly by like B52's heading upriver to call it a day, every once and a while a big striper leaves evidence on the surface he's lurking below, I had to pause to let Mr. and Mrs. skunk cross the road on my way out and the best news of all... not a sole besides us there tonight, fishing or otherwise. Had the river to ourselves! Hard to belive there's 1 million+ people all around us.

I love fishing.

jbird
08-02-2007, 10:01 PM
Ron

Great detail! Really enjoyed the report. A fine sport indeed!

Jay

lee s.
08-06-2007, 04:08 PM
Grand report. I think you may have hit on some of the reasons many enjoy this addiction.:lol:
....lee s.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-06-2007, 07:55 PM
Really nice out on the river in the AM or PM now.

There are Stripers in the entire length of the river now and should be some Steelhead in there too.