PDA

View Full Version : 20 X 30'' print !!

Rob
07-19-2007, 10:24 AM
I got it back today and i am very impressed with the quality . :D
I was not sure that a 8.2 mp camera would do such a large print.
Now i need to get a frame . $$$$$$$$$$$$$ :shock:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/rgkempton/Best%20Pics/IMG_0039_RT8.jpg

bolden
07-19-2007, 12:01 PM
Very nice.

I plan on getting a couple of 20x30's in a couple of days, and even from my 6 mp camera i have no doubt they will be awsome. So, where did you get it printed from, online or local?

Adam Grace
07-19-2007, 01:52 PM
Rob, your picture was awesome to begin with, it looks even more impressive enlarged in that nice matting. I hope that you will enjoy that picture for many years to come.

Rob
07-19-2007, 02:27 PM
Very nice.

I plan on getting a couple of 20x30's in a couple of days, and even from my 6 mp camera i have no doubt they will be awesome. So, where did you get it printed from, online or local?

Thanks Bolden !!!!

It was at a local camera store , Ritz Camera here in Cache Valley.

Rob
07-19-2007, 02:45 PM
Rob, your picture was awesome to begin with, it looks even more impressive enlarged in that nice matting. I hope that you will enjoy that picture for many years to come.

Thanks Adam !!!!!!!!!

Its been a long time since i have had any ''photos'' enlarged that big .

The last photo was a 16 x 24 , from a 35 mm slide of a sunrise in Cameron Park ca.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/rgkempton/California%20Scenery/resizedsunrise-1.jpg

Adam Grace
07-19-2007, 03:31 PM
Nice picture.

WinterrunRon
07-19-2007, 06:39 PM
Its been a long time since i have had anything enlarged that big .

Anything?

Ummm, Rob... Am I the only one to whom this line stood out as... should I say... awkward? This is the photography forum, correct? :wink:

Ron

Rob
07-19-2007, 07:46 PM
Its been a long time since i have had anything enlarged that big .

Anything?

Ummm, Rob... Am I the only one to whom this line stood out as... should I say... awkward? This is the photography forum, correct? :wink:

Ron

YES , your a evil man !!!

:wink: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :roll:

Adam Grace
07-19-2007, 09:17 PM
:lol: Funny Ron, Funny :lol:

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-20-2007, 07:39 AM
A while ago I had Ferrari Color do a bunch of enlargements for us that were about that sizes that we have up in the shop.

Rather than frame them, we had them put onto 'Gator foam' which is just commando foam core and then laminated to protect them.

I think they were about $130 each.

Hairstacker
07-20-2007, 11:25 AM
Rob, that is simply awesome! That second photo is really nice too. Walking around in your house must be like visiting a professional photo gallery. 8) 8) 8)

k.hanley
07-20-2007, 03:00 PM
:thumbsup: :nod:

Well done Rob.
Cheers, Ken

JT
07-20-2007, 03:34 PM
Way nice!

Rob
07-20-2007, 09:07 PM
Thanks Everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You would be surprised how few photos i have in our home, i give most of them away to friends , but this one is all mine . :D :D

Rob
07-20-2007, 09:11 PM
A while ago I had Ferrari Color do a bunch of enlargements for us that were about that sizes that we have up in the shop.

Rather than frame them, we had them put onto 'Gator foam' which is just commando foam core and then laminated to protect them.

I think they were about $130 each.

I went into a frame shop today, picked out the wood i liked , gave them the dimensions , and was told it would be $325.00 :shock: :twisted: :roll: I passed !!!!!!!!!!!!

Jay Murakoshi
07-20-2007, 10:12 PM
Rob,

I know what you mean when it comes to framing. I had my gyotaku print of my first permit framed. The frame was close to 3'x 5' with non-glare glass. I had to mortgage the house. I think it cost me close to $400.00 and the print still sits in the closet

It might be hanging in Keith's office pretty soon

Jay

jbird
07-21-2007, 06:28 AM
I went into a frame shop today, picked out the wood i liked , gave them the dimensions , and was told it would be $325.00 I passed !!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW! Being a finish carpenter, I see a business opportunity here :D

Vert nice Rob. I enjoy your photographs immensly!

Jay

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-21-2007, 06:56 AM
Custom matting and framing of pictures, prints or painting is really expensive.

Rob
07-21-2007, 08:20 AM
I went into a frame shop today, picked out the wood i liked , gave them the dimensions , and was told it would be $325.00 I passed !!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW! Being a finish carpenter, I see a business opportunity here :D

Vert nice Rob. I enjoy your photographs immensly!

Jay

I may just start making my own , 325.00 would be a good start on all the tools.

Rob
07-21-2007, 11:20 AM
Well i was able to get a frame for 200.00 and that was with some new glass ( 80.00 ) that does not reflect and has UV protection . They showed me a sample of the glass in a frame and i had to tough it , i could not see it . :shock: In guess i can't complain , the total for the print and frame , glass , matting and foam backing is 280.00 . :shock: :shock: :shock:

jbird
07-21-2007, 11:57 AM
Hi Rob

As allways, money well spent is quickly forgotten about. Your family will enjoy the picture for generations.

My motto is...even money spent poorly is quickly forgotten. "Money is called currency for a reason..its meant to flow" :lol: My wife uses that line all the time. :D I think every woman on earth would like that printed on a t shirt.

Now time is the thing to be careful of. You can waste all the money you want, and still earn it back....not wasted time. :wink:

Money....a renewable resource. :D :D

Jay

Rob
07-21-2007, 12:40 PM
Hi Rob

As allways, money well spent is quickly forgotten about. Your family will enjoy the picture for generations.

My motto is...even money spent poorly is quickly forgotten. "Money is called currency for a reason..its meant to flow" :lol: My wife uses that line all the time. :D I think every woman on earth would like that printed on a t shirt.

Now time is the thing to be careful of. You can waste all the money you want, and still earn it back....not wasted time. :wink:

Money....a renewable resource. :D :D

Jay

Sounds good to me !!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

I definitely try not to waste any time , life is way toooooo short for that. Seems like just yesterday i got married , now it's 4 kids and 5 grand kids later and my youngest is 18 and 6' 4 . :shock: :shock: :shock:

I know the money is well spent and will enjoy the photo.

:D :D :D