PDA

View Full Version : Sunglass Help - Product Info - Orvis

Ueyama
07-17-2007, 04:48 PM
Hi everyone-

My good friend lost his favorite pair of sunglasses. His birthday is coming up and I want to get them for him. I am trying to find out the model and style of an Orvis Brand Sunglass. It is an aviator style that had brown leather covering the sides, between the cheek and eyes. The arms were wire-like and covered in plastic. The ams wrapped around your ears. These glasses were polarized.

Any help with be great and for my friend in my birthday shopping.

Thanks again.

Mike

john
07-18-2007, 04:41 AM
I have had those glasses for about 5 years. They went by a couple of names, but I believe the last one was the Patriot. My sideshields are getting worn/dry from the sweat and salt and just last month I contacted Orvis about replacement shields. Neither the shields nor the glasses are available anymore. Interestingly they did offer to refund my purchase price-either the actual amount if I had the receipt or for whatever their last sale price was. You know, I just can't do that. I've gotten alot of use from them, and haven't exactly been "kind" to them. My attempt to keep warranties from driving prices.

Tony Buzolich
07-18-2007, 06:31 AM
Those sound exactly like my favorite as well. I've had mine for several years and still have the original box they came in. Called the "Patriot" with item number 64HE-0200.

Hope they didn't decide to quite making them. I sure love mine too.

TONY

Ueyama
07-18-2007, 08:08 AM
Thank you for your help. Everyone was right and the style was the Patriot.

[/img]http://images.orvis.com/orvis_assets/prodimg/64HESFvermillion.jpg

The model number is (SI64HE).

I googled and yahoo'ed the product and can not find anyone who is selling it.

I'll just have to look on ebay or craigslist.

Mike

john
07-18-2007, 11:22 AM
If it helps. My frame says they're made in France. Bolle' comes to mind, but they're alot better than a pair of prior Bolle's I had.