PDA

View Full Version : Leavenworth Washington Question

roostersgt
07-15-2007, 07:11 AM
I'm heading up to Leavenworth Washington for a week or so to attend a wedding. Is anyone familiar with the area and if so, could you please provide me with stream/river fishing information :?: ? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. If I have any success at all, I'll try and post some pictures and a report.

JayDubP
07-15-2007, 09:39 AM
I have fished Methow Valley which is couple of hours to east and fished more west towards coast, and even more south, but never immediately around Leavenworth. Yakima River is good, but you are hour or so away. Should be some good small rivers (size of Upper Sac) in that area.

visit www.gonorthwest.com for fish reports and local contacts.

Also Dave Graybill posts reports in local newspapers and radio plus online: http://www.fishingmagician.com.

Good Luck.

SteelieD
07-16-2007, 05:24 PM
Looks like you already found the WFF site. There's more than Icicle Creek. Grab a Gazeteer and go! If you are willing to drive a bit (sounds like you are) you can also try Rocky Ford Creek. Sight casting to BIG selective 'bows. It can be maddening, but is can be fun! The Yakima will be high for wading. I'm floating it with your guide this week. Ping me and I'll let you know how he did. Guy named Gary Thompson on the WFF site lives in Wenatchee, might wanna ping him.

Have fun!

roostersgt
07-28-2007, 07:41 AM
Returned home from Leavenworth trip. First day fished Icicle Creek above 8 mile C.G. Caught 5 or 6 small rainbows. Second day fished above Chatter Creek C.G. for entire day and caught 25-30. Mostly 6-8" ers with a couple of 9's thrown in. These were caught with dries. Stimulators and EHC's. Missed many others due to chronic cat-like reflexes. Third and final day fished same section for 2 hours and caught 5 or so to 8" on dries again.

If you ever get the chance, go to Leavenworth and enjoy the atomoshpere and good eats. The fishing is good too! Drop in to Gustav's or Uncle Uli's for beer and brats. Good fly fishing folk up there.