PDA

View Full Version : Been Think'un

Jay Murakoshi
07-12-2007, 08:31 AM
I've had this thought in my head for the past two weeks about having a BBQ swap meet some where centrally located. By swap meet, I mean, I'll bring all my boxes and boxes and buckets of materials to distribute to those who want it, need it or just want to store it at their house.

I have bunches of those OLD EC254 SG 3/0 hooks, you know the ones that the WHISTLER used to be tied on. I will be giving all of these away or dispose into the garbage. I also have other style and model hooks.
Grizzly saddles, in colors and naturals. Rooster saddles in red and chartreuse, etc.....

You get the idea.

People have asked abou the materials but no one has responded. I think they think it's mainly saltwater and striper material, which it probably is.

Oh well, just kicking it around

Jay

flyfshrmn
07-12-2007, 08:40 AM
sounds like a good idea to me. Anyone have a good location? How about Goethe Park, August 4?

FISHEYE
07-12-2007, 09:31 AM
Jay, you can do it in my back yard if you want.

Seriously, there are a number of groups I have donated stuff to. Alaska Flyfishers has fly tying classes for beginners nd there are a number of programs out there where they teach kids to tie flies. Also, I know people are sending loads of stuff to Iraq for our troops to play with. I am sure you can find some worthy group in CA.

Adam Grace
07-12-2007, 11:57 AM
That's a good idea Jay!

Jay Murakoshi
07-12-2007, 12:23 PM
I've had individuals contact me regarding donating to clubs, school clubs and youth organizations. No one has ever followed through with any requests.

Jay

sculpin
07-12-2007, 05:18 PM
Well Jay you could have it at my place. I have a pig pit and a couple of acres for people to camp on. Also a river with steelhead in it close by.
:D
Mark

jbird
07-12-2007, 05:30 PM
What? Theres steelhead in the river?? :D :D

briansII
07-13-2007, 09:25 AM
I've had individuals contact me regarding donating to clubs, school clubs and youth organizations. No one has ever followed through with any requests.

Jay

Hey Jay,

There's a teacher in Clovis that might be interested. I'll see if I can get a hold of him....he might be on vacation fishing?

briansII