PDA

View Full Version : New Digital Cameras & VISTA

Langenbeck
07-08-2007, 02:55 PM
Adam since you work at Best Buy sure you have the answer. Am upgrading from Windows 98 to VISTA. If I were to buy a new digital camera today does it come with software or does VISTA recognize the appropriate driver for the camera.

I know with my current Nikon CoolPix 3 that I will have to download the software from Nikon in order for the camera to work with VISTA as the software that came with the camera is incompatible with VISTA.

Thanks in advance.

dtp916
07-08-2007, 05:14 PM
Windows should recognize the format and convert it over, at least it worked for me when I got a new PC with Vista on it. It seems they have their own photo editor on the new Vista too.

And all digital cameras will come with software for the computer. Whether they are compatible with Vista depends.

I just plugged my camera's usb into the computer and was good to go, left the Nikon program on the old laptop.

Adam Grace
07-09-2007, 10:30 PM
Like James said, if you do not install the camera company's software Vista will interface just fine. Not all cameras come with vista ready software, the older cameras do not have compatible software, most of the new models have vista compatible software.