PDA

View Full Version : Virginia Lakes

robdog
07-02-2007, 10:36 PM
Hey I just came back from down there. It was kinda kewl. Float tube at about 5 different lakes. The chance to catch Brown, Brook, Golden, Rainbow Trout at the same place, Priceless. I don't think you can really beat that. Anyway if you get the time, check it out. It is a very kewl experience. http://www.geocities.com/jayrob6/emoticons/thumbup.gif

Tracy Chimenti
07-04-2007, 08:42 PM
hey Robdog, that's alwasy a fun place to go. There's a lot of fishing choices down there. On your way back, perhaps did you knotice the West Walker? It's really coming around after the flood remediation. Trees and brush are starting to grow and from what I hear, the fishing is really improving. I know it's a long way off, but in about 10-years i really think this place is gonna compete with the East Walker!

Tracy

robdog
07-04-2007, 09:21 PM
hey Robdog, that's alwasy a fun place to go. There's a lot of fishing choices down there. On your way back, perhaps did you knotice the West Walker?

I came down w/ some attitude sickness. Remember Virginia Lakes are about 9500 feet. I hiked up to Moat Lake, so that was 10500. Anyway, I was totally pooped on the 3rd day. I crawled back to Sac. I wanted to fish the Lil' Walker & maybe the South Fork of the Stanislaus. I just couldn't get my body in gear for the three days. I had to make it only two & both on still water. I guess I have next year to do the trifecta ;)