PDA

View Full Version : Lake Almanor Report

Lincoln Gray
07-02-2007, 06:00 AM
Lake Almanor Hex is on. I have fished it for the last fourteen days. I am back in Chico for today (Monday) and back up on Tuesday.
Fishing is good. Bugs have been coming off in great numbers around 8:50pm. Hex Nymphs and Buggers on an intermediate line is working very well. Work Hex Cripples and Hex Emergers to cruising fish has been productive.
I will be back on the water on the 5th of July and fishing it until 11th. I will post after that with some pics.

Lincoln Gray

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-02-2007, 08:03 AM
Thanks Lincoln.

What time of day do you start fishing the Intermediate line?

Jim Degnan
07-07-2007, 02:27 PM
Lincoln-
I can't make it to Almanor until about the 14th. Do you think it will be too late? Dr. just cleared me to fish yesterday, so I'm ahead of schedule.
Thanks
Jim Degnan

dtp916
07-10-2007, 11:05 AM
I'm getting solid reports for smallies taking hex dries on Almanor. They are taking the nymphs fished subsurface and slashing dries/cripples on the surface when it gets dark...They're catching them up to 4 lbs on dries!

But the activity is winding down, still might be worth a trip on the 14th.

Jim Degnan
07-10-2007, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the update. I might take a crack at it on Friday.
Jim

Lincoln Gray
07-11-2007, 04:47 PM
The Hex are still coming off, but the fish have all moved out for cooler water. When I get some pictures done I will post them.

To answer your question Bill, I fish nothing but an intermediate until fish start rising and cruising on the bugs.

Lincoln Gray