PDA

View Full Version : Beat the Valley heat on our Pacific coast

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-01-2007, 07:46 AM
Many of us in the Valley head for the coast in the mid-summer to get cool.

July, August and September can be very hot months with poor air quality to boot here in the flat lands of California.

It's a pleasant feeling to drive to our coast and need a sweat shirt to stay warm in the summer.

Thanks to Jay Murakoshi and Ken Hanley we have articles, books, seminars and video about coastal fly fishing.

Now you can wade the coast for surf perch, halibut, stripers and more.

Casting fast sinking lines from a 16' boat Nor Cal guide Fred Gordon catches lots of bottom fish up at Shelter Cove on his yearly trip to beat the heat of Dunsmuir in August and get some fresh fish for the freezer.

It's time to head over there now.

Jay Murakoshi
07-01-2007, 09:28 AM
Bill,

I just read on the weather report that the coast is suppose to have a heat wave. I think they said anywhere from mid 70's to the mid 80's. Here in the Valley, it's suppose to be 107 on the 4th and by the weekend, it will get up to 111 degrees. That's why I moved to the valley - for the HOT weather.
We're thinking about going over to the coast for a couple days of relaxation. Gotta get away from the computer. I've been downloading my bass video's from the tape to my external hard drive so I can start editing our (Ken & I) bass DVD which I hope to have completed by November or early December. This should make the top 10 list in no time :D yeah, right.

Stay safe this fourth of July - Hot Dogs, Apple Pie and Fly Fishing

Jay