PDA

View Full Version : SD reservoirs

Nick B
06-30-2007, 10:24 AM
Fished Loveland reservoir in San Diego yesterday, down here for summer, only landed a couple, biggest around 3 lbs. Saw a 20 pound LMB landed by a bait dunker....I weighed it on my scale. Dumb A$$ was fishing bluegill as bait (an offense that can land you in prison), so the fish was released promptly. I will be mounting numerous assaults on the lake myself in pursuit of said bass. Good luck ya'll this summer.

Charlie Gonzales
06-30-2007, 04:02 PM
Last year I had asked about using bluegill for bait and the legality of such on Blantons board and was told as long as they come from the waters you are to fish them in then its legal. Your not allowed to transport them and use as bait, but their not considered as gamefish. Any body know for sure?

I had posted the question after a picture of a 20# striper was in the Sniffer and was said to have been caught at Rossmoore on a live bluegill.

Nick B
07-02-2007, 03:12 PM
The game warden at Otay Lakes was the source of that information. As bluegill are a gamefish, their use as bait was what i assumed was the reason for this. Ill check up on it though.