PDA

View Full Version : Dawn raid

mikenewman
06-30-2007, 08:29 AM
Snatched a few hours on the Delta yesterday for the first time in several (very long) weeks. Just as well - my withdrawal symptoms were escalating to a severity that was soon likely to pose a serious threat to those nearest and dearest to me :evil:
Sun up coincided with the top of a big tide but there were no fireworks at dawn. Rather the fish came steadily through the early morning but only to a well presented bug. I fished a long bank of tullies that affords a lot of what I term technical structure - especially once the tide starts running. Luckily my USD cast and I were on good terms, (A relationship that has had its ups and downs in the past) and the morning settled into a satisfying rhythm against a backdrop of calm conditions and quiet boat traffic.
I thought the high spot would prove to be a particularly aerobatic character who pulled my new digi-scale down to 3lb 14oz but at around 8am the bug was just savaged by a really chunky scrapper of 5lb 9oz.
( No photo - Kodak had no juice :oops: )
Had to be on my way by 9am but a very satisfactory way to end cold turkey :D

Cheers
Mike

Hairstacker
06-30-2007, 09:53 AM
Mike, hard to beat a return with steady action and 4 and 5 1/2 lbers thrown in the mix! :D I'm on a break of sorts myself and it's nice to hear about the action. Remember to pack some spare batteries next time, eh? :lol: