PDA

View Full Version : American River shad report for the week... or so

WinterrunRon
06-28-2007, 09:49 AM
I've fished 9 of 11 past evenings around Sunrise and have done well, with the exception of the last two outings.

It indeed has slowed down around Sunrise. Water was raised to 5000cfs, but the slowdown occurred prior to this. Water did go from 64 degrees to 61 degrees with the increase.

It was very busy last night. Lots of fishermen (fly and spin) up and down the banks, both sides, and plenty of boats. No one seemed to be doing better than the other, with the exception of an occasional lucky stick.

Best news- no drunken (except for the guy passed out on the gravel boat launch with two dogs running amuck), unshaved, tatood, beer can tossing, cursing, sun-burned, belly-hangin', rusted-out-tin-can-of-a-car, boom-box playing park visitors. And I'm talking about the women! Very pleasant out there last night.

Regardless, it's still nice to be on the water with the Kingfisher birds, river otters, mergansers, mallards, herons, egrets, turkeys, and if you stay late enough, does and their fawns.

Adam Grace
06-28-2007, 10:37 AM
Best news- no drunken (except for the guy passed out on the gravel boat launch with two dogs running amuck), unshaved, tatood, beer can tossing, cursing, sun-burned, belly-hangin', tin can-of-a-car, boom-box playing park visitors. And I'm talking about the women! Very pleasant out there last night.

:lol: Ron, you cracked me up with the "And I'm talking about the women!" comment :lol:

Jeff C.
06-28-2007, 12:04 PM
Ron is right about the numbers going down at Upper Sunrise. I've seen a lot of people fishing but not too much catching (except for the one or two guys with the hot hands). I know Paul who showed up late that night and he was definitely hooking them left and right for a hour. Bruce from San Diego got 15 last night before all the spin guys showed up. Jeff C.

OceanSunfish
06-28-2007, 12:58 PM
Best news- no drunken (except for the guy passed out on the gravel boat launch with two dogs running amuck), unshaved, tatood, beer can tossing, cursing, sun-burned, belly-hangin', tin can-of-a-car, boom-box playing park visitors. And I'm talking about the women!

You forgot about the folks with more tatoos than teeth. :D

WinterrunRon
06-28-2007, 04:02 PM
Best news- no drunken (except for the guy passed out on the gravel boat launch with two dogs running amuck), unshaved, tatood, beer can tossing, cursing, sun-burned, belly-hangin', tin can-of-a-car, boom-box playing park visitors. And I'm talking about the women!

You forgot about the folks with more tatoos than teeth. :D

I thought that would be a given! :wink: