PDA

View Full Version : A 6-24

Katz
06-24-2007, 11:02 AM
Drifted the A from just below Howe to the 80 bridge area.

Landed 12+ striper most of which were under 15 inches. The biggest was just under 6lbs. All on Chart/White clousers.

Very few other fishermen that low in the river.

Katz

Jgoding
06-24-2007, 09:57 PM
Hey Katz,

Great Job... Hope you don't mind me freight training your post with my own report....LOL

I fished a little farther up this evening for about 15 minutes. Landed 2, one about 15" and the other close to 18". Both fought well. My bro landed two as well after I handed him my rod after he broke off his fly. Was using my striper pattern I developed last year. Saw maybe one other fishermen a ways down river.... all quiet other than that.

Jeff

SuperFlyGuy
06-26-2007, 09:29 AM
what time of day are you guys hitting it? Early and late?

Jgoding
06-26-2007, 11:10 AM
As long as you get out you'll catch fish..... wait.... nvm.... you might catch some fish....LOL.

I prefer the evening as I like it cooling down rather than heating up...... I don't see why morning wouldn't be as productive tho... I also prefer evenings as most people are debarking from the river as well....

Jeff

Katz
06-26-2007, 04:29 PM
I also prefer evening, but.....

we were fishing in the AM. Got fish right when we started 6:30 am and got them right before we left at 10:30 am.

Katz

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-26-2007, 10:02 PM
The lower American River can fish well for Stripers from April through October.

Floating in a boat is a great way to see lots of water and be able to peer down through it with polarized glasses.

Most of the Striper guys like Andy Guibord like to fish it after June when the Shad slow down some.

Some believe the fish move up higher in the summer as the water warms up.

I heard some are using longer leaders with smaller flies too.

I think early and late is best but some are caught mid-day.