PDA

View Full Version : Cameron Park , 6/23

David Lee
06-24-2007, 06:56 AM
Hit the pond w/ Ed last night , met up w/ Scott V. ......

Pretty darn slow !! I bounced one dink on my Woolhead Sunfish , then nothing 'till feeding time started . Long around dusk , we picked-up a few .... but nothing like what it should have been .

I wound up with 7 to hand in the last hour of light , most on a small Dahlberg . Strange , they wanted the fly while swimming sub-surface slowly - Very few surface takes (Ed noticed the same kind of takes on the far side of the pond) . Managed a few on a lumo Bett's popper , and had slashing non-grabs on a Gurgler and a Deerhair slider .

I fished side by side with Scott (nice dude , BTW .....) - he used gear and left his fly rig in the truck . He seemed impressed (disturbed ???) at just how effectivly a flyrod can be used to make fixed-length casts w/ pinpoint accuracy to the weed edges :evil: :evil: :evil:

I landed nothing over 13 inches , Ed had one at around 2 lbs. .

That's it !!

David :)

Scott V
06-25-2007, 07:03 AM
Game on, next time I will be out there with my fly rod. You and Ed make for nice company on the water. So when are we going to the river, I got skunked on Sunday at Silver Fork, but had a blast walk in the water.