PDA

View Full Version : Yuba is Hot!

Matt Steffens
06-23-2007, 10:10 PM
Been Fishing the Yuba above parks bar the past few weeks, and it has been awesome. The stones are out and about and the trout are hungry. Goldens are about a size 8-10 while the bigger salmon fly types are hatching in 6-8 size range. But the caddis are out as well as little yellow sallys and a few PMD's. If you have the time to walk up river for an evening I definatly recomend it, I am going all day to walk up to the narrows on monday if anyone wants to join in the fun.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-26-2007, 08:53 AM
Thanks for the report.

Exciting to here it is fishing well.

csc618
06-28-2007, 11:15 AM
I hit the Yuba at the highway 20 bridge on tuesday. It was one of the best days of fishing I have ever had. I started at about 5:30 PM and could not catch a fish to save my life. I walked down stream a little ways and found a some calmer water. I tied on a #16 olive caddis and went to work. It seemed like I got a strike every cast into the little hole I found.I ended up landing eight from 6'' to 15" all rainbow. I hooked into two mosters but the tippet broke(':cry:'). I found the best time to fish was from about 7:45pm to 9:00pm.

I saw a couple of other guys out on the river who where nymphing. They said they cought a couple of 6" but nothing to write home about.

Hope this helps. Good luck guys.

Adam Grace
06-28-2007, 11:52 AM
Congratulations on a great night of fishing!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-28-2007, 09:43 PM
Jeff Putnam said the Lower Yuba River was real good for him last week too.