PDA

View Full Version : Funny scene last night...

WinterrunRon
06-20-2007, 02:44 PM
I’ve been fishing the American just about every night for the last week, but last night was really memorable.

Several “dudes” were at the end of a gravel bar in their two wheel drive SUV. Too inexperienced (I’m doing my best not to call them stupid) to realize the soft-graveled 45 degree incline would make it nearly impossible to get back up and out from the water’s edge, they got stuck good. A “nice” fellow in a beat up piece of you-know-what Toyota 4x4 offered to tow him out.

He towed him out alright.

Hooked up a short tow line, hit the gas… and I mean HIT THE GAS! Big river rocks were being shot out like cannonballs by his oversized tires, the guy being towed was yelling and screaming to stop because his front end and hood is being all dented up, lights broken and windshield cracked in several places. What a riot! The guy being towed was in shock with what just happened. He couldn’t believe it. They almost came to blows. A few foul words exchanged then the guy gathered up his tow strap, and left, equally shocked the other guy wasn’t grateful that he tried to tow him out.

Funny part was he didn’t tow him out. He quit because of the yelling and screaming to stop then left him on the incline, still stuck.

Sometimes it’s the fishing, sometimes it’s the destination, sometimes it’s the wildlife, sometimes it’s the sunsets and sometimes it’s the idiots--- that makes a trip memorable.

k.hanley
06-20-2007, 05:10 PM
:shock: Classic!
Cheers, Ken

Jeff C.
06-21-2007, 06:46 AM
Hi Ron,

What a zoo that night. I fished down below because I couldn't handle the scene (12 boats and 75 guys fishing from shore). Were you there Sunday evening when 2 buddies got into a brawl and the one of them did a burnout in the dirt and gravel that left a clould of dust that just hung there for about 20 minutes? It was so thick you couldn't see throught it.

Jeff C.

OceanSunfish
06-21-2007, 09:58 AM
I wish you guys would say where this is happening so that the rest of us could avoid the area and go somewhere else! :D

Seriously, I have a hunch.

WinterrunRon
06-21-2007, 10:31 AM
Jeff,

I wasn't at that location on Sunday, but I heard about it. Tuesday was indeed a zoo, though. I've never seen that many vehicles and people there.

Last night, maybe 20/30 guys as far as I could see up and down the river and maybe 10 vehicles. Really, really quiet. Wierd.

Ron

Jeff C.
06-21-2007, 10:53 AM
Yep, it was quite a contrast, Tuesday evening was as crazy as any holiday and last night was pretty peaceful and quiet. It was also a lot slower. I only got 5 and it was during the last hour of light. Jeff C.

OceanSunfish
06-21-2007, 04:19 PM
Jeff,

I wasn't at that location on Sunday, but I heard about it. Tuesday was indeed a zoo, though. I've never seen that many vehicles and people there.

Last night, maybe 20/30 guys as far as I could see up and down the river and maybe 10 vehicles. Really, really quiet. Wierd.

Ron

I believe a shop in town was offering free tattoos last night. :D

WinterrunRon
06-21-2007, 09:07 PM
That certainly would explain the peace and quiet! :wink:

OregonSalmon
07-05-2007, 09:32 PM
Good lord....sounds worse than tidewater on the Nestucca. Ya gotta' love the boys in tidewater salmon fishing. The things you see when you are out and about. Best I ever saw was a guy arguing with the bow of his boat. Might have been the anchor line. Don't know and didn't dare ask. Jerry Swanson from Kauffman's was laughing so hard all he could do was put his head down and drool. We all thought we were going to die of laughter.
Every now and then the price of admission is worth it.

OnTheSwing
07-06-2007, 12:57 AM
I cant remember the last time I laughed that hard! :lol:

I saw a guy put in his boat in the Santa Cruz harbor... low tide with the moss exposed... the guy had a Ford Ranger and a very heavy boat/trailer.... I dont think he was expecting to be pulled in up to his chest in sea water while gunning the gas desperatly trying not to slide back.

Mik
07-10-2007, 06:15 PM
Very funny stuff! I have seen many stuck at Gristmill, but never a good tow story turn into fight.