PDA

View Full Version : McCoy Flat

Bruce Slightom
06-17-2007, 07:07 AM
Any one fished McCoy Flat lately? I had heard that it was drawn down a bit.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-17-2007, 08:29 AM
Hi Bruce

We were just wondering about it ourselves.

It has been full now for some time so the fish should be big again.

When ever there is a mild winter and the lake come down in size the fishing should get really good.

This should be a good time up there right now?

Bruce Slightom
06-17-2007, 10:24 AM
Bill, I will be at Lake Almanor all next week so will check it out and report back.

Tracy Chimenti
06-28-2007, 08:51 AM
If you're not hearing, I'd get up there if you have the time! Sneaky, sneaky McCoy!

Bruce Slightom
07-01-2007, 05:13 PM
Fished McCoy twice last week. I have never seen so many damsels!The rocks on the edge of the lake were blue.

The first day there were three other fishermen on the water when I got there. One of the guys was a guide out of Susanville. He said that two days before it was red hot. As my luck has it it was slow for me. I did land two fish and two of the other guys did not touch a fish. The second day was about the same.

After the two left I got to talking to the guide and he showed me around the lake. It was a good time and I learn alot more about that body of water.

Both days the wind never laid down and it was hard to keep the float tube in position. The fish were not on the grab as I think that there were too many nynphs. The water level is way down and the people I talked to believe that it will go dry this year.

All that aside I am looking forward to fishing it again.

Terry Thomas
07-06-2007, 04:08 PM
Bruce,
What was the guide's name?
Thanks,
Terry

Bruce Slightom
07-09-2007, 03:03 PM
Terry, the guides name was Harold Jack from Susanville.