PDA

View Full Version : American Report

Jeff C.
06-15-2007, 06:54 AM
Got 5 last night and 4 the night before in the Upper A. (Bruce from San Diego got 11 that evening using his "Dirty Bruce" fly). The increase in flow still isn't enough to get a good drift and swing at Upper Sunrise but guys in drift boats seem to be doing ok. Jeff C.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-15-2007, 07:00 AM
Great Jeff

What time of day is the best for action?

Jeff C.
06-15-2007, 07:15 AM
Bill,

I've been going out in the evenings until dark but Bruce from San Diego has been doing good dawn patrolling it and during the mid-day too. The raft hatch can get thick during the weekend but it doesn't seem to bother the bite. I'll be fishing both days this weekend and will post a report on Monday. BTW, Bruce got a Z-Axis Switch rod from your shop this pass Winter and put a Skagit line on it. I casted it a few days ago and didn't want to give it back to him. That's going to be my next rod.

Jeff

Finsane
06-17-2007, 07:42 AM
Fished Sailors Bar both Friday and Saturday for an average of 9 fish each day. Both trips were from 6:30-8:30PM. Friday started out slow as all fish were caught from 8:00 on and Saturday started out fast as all fish were caught in the first hour exept 1. I thought Saturday might be the first 20 fish day as the first 3 cast produced fish and the fourth a hookup, but after landing 3-4 more fish the bite turned off or the fish moved and never came back. :roll: Someone was in the spot that I usually hit at the end of the evening and he was into fish. We chated briefly and I called it a night early.( Still lite out) Probably take today off, but who knows.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-17-2007, 08:26 AM
Two friends told me they have been doing well down at Paradise Beach area.

They must have been at the 'Log Hole' or near there.

They said it has been good for them for 2 weeks now in the evnings.

They were using a type 2 head and a small pink fly.