PDA

View Full Version : Ruby marshes

Tracy Chimenti
06-12-2007, 03:07 PM
Headed up to Ruby Marshes for about 8-days. Will be fishing the marsh and the mountain lakes... possibly Knott creek. Last summer there were alot of hungry 'bows just willing the hours away, milling around, bumping into things, with no one within 50-miles to harass them. Taking the boy and kayaks. Ben is getting good with a spinning rod and crappie jigs! I'll report back.

Tracy

David Lee
06-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Safe trip Tracy .

Watch for buzz Snakes ........

David :)

Tracy Chimenti
06-12-2007, 04:55 PM
Yeah, we're leaving the dog home on this one. Didn't see one buzzer last May, but i know, it's infested with them! Looking forward to capturing as many big king and gopher snakes as possible though! Wife probably won't come back after this one!

Thanks David

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-12-2007, 08:51 PM
Tracy

We were there once about 20 years ago on a trip to eastern Nevada lakes like Wild Horse and Sheep Creek.

It was blowing hard so we didn't even fish.

Heard that there are lots of small bass (slow growing season) plus Rainbows and Browns.

Heard there are lots of spring holes out there.

Need a GPS? Lots of tules.

Take some photos?

flyfshrmn
06-14-2007, 10:54 AM
It's been years seen I've been to Ruby Marsh. Took the boys there when they were 8 or 9 and we could have filled the canoe with 1-2 lb bass. Never did locate the trout and ran into an obnoxious game warden who insisted my out of state canoe registration was not valid to use a trolling motor and ticketed me, then threatened to ticket me again unless I went in to Elko and registered the canoe in Nevada. Other than the fishing, it's a great place to view wildlife and birds and providedes wonderful photography. We went through several rolls of film and there wasn't a bad picture in any of them.