PDA

View Full Version : New theater group in the Great Northwest

OregonSalmon
06-10-2007, 08:47 AM
Fishing has slowed on the coast for a bit so I decided to come up with a new idea to fill the void: a theater group. Our title: "The Not Quite Ready For Tidewater Players". Our cast is small, just me and my buddy Zig and our audience even smaller, just his wife. The plays are very short, shorter than Kiene in barefeet. Our first venture was "The Parker Brothers"; we immitated a less than helpful postal employee here in town (Parker) who drives our audience nuts. Next up on the playbill will be "The punchline that needs no joke" and if we have the energy "Digging for clams". Two shows a day are tiring. Still in the works is "Clam ballet", an interpretive clam dance. That will take a lot of rehersals.

See what happens to a mind when too many flies are tied!!! How can I get myself out of this indetured servitude??? Maybe if I cry and whine like Paris Hilton my master will let me go home. Wait a minute....I am home!!! SSSSHHHHEEEETTTTT!!!!

Darian
06-10-2007, 11:32 AM
Hey Galen,.... Theater is one thing Shakespear is an alternative.... 8) 8) How about something titled, Omlette (as in Hamlet :lol: :lol: :lol: ) :?: :?: :?:

sculpin
06-10-2007, 08:23 PM
Well, I think Ashland could use a little competition. They seem to be the cultural center of Southern Oregon, with their Shakespear Festival. I think I could do with a little less culture. I hope your new gig is a success and clears out some of tourists from around here.

Mark

OregonSalmon
06-14-2007, 10:08 AM
Darian I'd do a play based on Hamlet (OR) but I don't have any guns and have too many teeth. I tell ya' that place is like the Manson family gone bad. You would think you would have no problems with neighbors when they are hundreds if not thousand of yards from you but NNNOOOOO!! Weird how it goes in the hills. Does give me a thought for a new play though. Gonna have to use props.

Sculpin I should take the weight off of Southern Oregon's shoulder on those artsy folk. There is money to be made off the sensitive type. Up to now the only art I have mastered is to drinking beer with a chew in. Anything that makes a dollar I'm not good at, getting worse by the day but instead of changing or slowing the decline I have decided to become a Communist Of One. Let's see if this economic scheme works out for me. Thinking that Karl Marx would be pretty pissed off at the whole idea.