PDA

View Full Version : Cameron Park

psychoz
06-08-2007, 08:17 AM
I am heading to Cameron Park for the first time, even though I live about 4 minutes from the pond. I plan on going for bass and will be using my inflatable pontoon, are there any areas I should concentrate on our should I just paddle the whole pond.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-08-2007, 08:35 AM
I like to fish those ponds in the PM right up till dark but if your quiet and sneaky you might get them with some smaller 'bugs' in the day time?

Be sure to give us a little report.

psychoz
06-08-2007, 08:55 AM
I won't be on the water til around 6 or so this evening.

dtp916
06-08-2007, 10:13 AM
Go get em tiger!

Ed Wahl
06-08-2007, 07:26 PM
Let me know how it goes Psych, won't take too much convincing to get back up there. Ed -- P.S. what were your parents thinking when they named you Psychoz anyway?

psychoz
06-11-2007, 06:28 AM
Never made it to the Park, I opted on going out to Blogett Lake, the private pond out on Grant Line road. Fished from shore and didn't really have any luck. But I plan on getting out to Cameron Park sometime this week, and afterwards I will post a report.

psychoz
06-14-2007, 07:40 AM
Finally fished Cameron Park last night, and all I can say is I can not wait to get back. The bite was awesome, I arrived around 5:30 and procedded to put my pontoon into the water. As I am getting into the water I see bass swimming all over the place. I got 3 on my first 5 casts with a spinner bait. Yes I was using conventional fishing gear, next time I go back I will only bring my fly gear. After I got tired of catching them on spinning gear I switched to a popper. I was very successful but the fisher were a bit smaller. I could not get anything to hit a frog or a big zara spook, but the popper was a hit. I think I will be going back out on Saturday evening again. With only my fly gear.

psychoz
06-14-2007, 08:49 AM
I finally fished at Cameron Park and all I can say is get out there. The bite was hot, I had 3 bass in 5 casts right off the bat. I landed most of my fish on spinner baits, but then switched to poppers and had alot of fun with smaller sized bass. I plan on going back out hopefully this weekend. Total count for the evening was around 12.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-14-2007, 08:53 AM
The fact that Cameron Park Lake was dredge deeper a few years back, then replanted and is "catch-n-release" makes it a special fishery.

Many other local ponds are "catch-n-kill" so the popular is always shrinking.

With this heat I'm sure early and late would be best.

Thanks for the great report............