PDA

View Full Version : Just got my first fly rod/reel for bass

psychoz
06-07-2007, 01:02 PM
I just got my first rod/reel from L.L. Bean. It is a Quest II system that I read about in Field and Stream magazine. It is a 9' 7 weight, 2 piece. I figure I would start with a lower priced outfit and see if I truly enjoy fly fishing. I am a true fishing junkie, heck I spent almost 2 hours last night after golfing to fish the pond at the golf course with a frog. Caught about 15 or so bass upwards to around 3 pounds. But this Saturday I am going to do my first fly fishing out on Sly Park in the afternoon. So if anyone would care to join me let me know, I plan on being on the water from around 4 til sunset.

mikenewman
06-07-2007, 02:07 PM
You wasted time playing golf when you could have been fishing? [-X

psychoz
06-07-2007, 03:04 PM

Your just jealous! :wink:

dtp916
06-08-2007, 10:14 AM

I agree, what are you DOING!

Ed Wahl
06-08-2007, 07:23 PM
Hey Psych, he's dead serious. I thought the same thing. Ed

psychoz
06-09-2007, 12:20 PM
Well I went golfing again today at landed a lot of LMB in the 3 lb. range on the course. Later I am heading to Sly Park, hopefully I will do just as good.

Ed Wahl
06-09-2007, 11:16 PM
Don't take it as a slam Psch, some of these guys are a little single minded when it comes to fishing. Not me though, I appreciate a good golf course, specially when there's bass in the water hazards :D Sounds like bass buggin time. Do you need to be a member at this golf course? Can you sneak in at night and fish? :ninja: Did you get out to Cameron Park Lake, if so how'd it go. Ed

psychoz
06-11-2007, 06:26 AM
Golf courses are great fisheries, but if you are not on the course golfing, do not go out and wade into the ponds. You will be kicked out. You can go and ask the people in the pro shop for permission, but most of the time they do not want you out there if you are not golfing. Plus you have to watch for errant shots.

Went to Sly Park Saturday evening and only got 2 small smallies. Hopefully next time will be better, I think the cold front shut things down. I did see people landing some good size large mouth on earthworms.